KR250A for sale on ebay

The place to talk about your Tandem!
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

KR250A for sale on ebay

Post by the KR kid »

KR250A for sale on ebay from Fastline in Preston for £6499!!! :shock:

It's got the wrong front mudguard, and the bodywork has been butchered at some point ( possibly after being dropped?), anti-dive has been removed, as well as few other points. I'd want a perfect bike for that price!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-KR2 ... :rk:8:pf:0
Stop annoying me, I'm running out of space to hide the bodies!

GS750B
KH250B5
podman
Heavy Smoker

Re: KR250A for sale on ebay

Post by podman »

I didnt think they would get £6000 for a RG250 a few weeks back but it sold so maybe this will as well... I may well get them to sell my KR1 when the time comes!
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Post by StrokerBoy »

the KR kid wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:33 pm It's got the wrong front mudguard, and the bodywork has been butchered at some point ( possibly after being dropped?)
I reckon he fancies himself as a fibreglass wizard. He's carved the sidepanel away, then moved on to the front mudguard and ruined that too. Finally he's lost the black surround for the taillight.

Worth about half what they're asking if you ask me.
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

Makes the other 2 on ebay look like a bargain, lol!

Also got wrong footrests, chainguard, bellypan bolts, the list goes on...

GS750B
KH250B5
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Fastline is up the road from me, some of his bikes stick for 12 to 18 months. He is always top dollar and has Dream Machine refresh his Japanese imports. Its a great place to window shop. He had a NR 750 the one with oval pistons. The screen alone was £1600. That was for sale fore ages at £75k then suddenly £120k bonkers.
the KR kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the KR kid »

2 of the 3 KR250A's on ebay have just been reduced in price, the original bike I posted here by £1200 to £5299! Seems they might be rare over here but no-one wants one, as they have all been on sale for quite a while now.

GS750B
KH250B5
podman
Heavy Smoker

Post by podman »

I dare say plenty of people would like one but not at any cost!

6K+ is RGV250 money (and much more choice..)and thats a bit of a no brainer over a KR250...?
Cexley
Smoker

Post by Cexley »

Yes, prices vary a lot over here. It all depends on condition and how long they have stood. One of the original Huddersfield imports that sold at auction recently for £3600 has been recommissioned and back on for over £5k. It is pretty much factory original, so like most decent examples of rare JDM 250 strokers, they tend to be worth around 4.5.-5.5 if in good original condition, UK registered and properly recommissioned.

I've also looked at what KR250's fetch on the Japanese auction sites, and they are pretty low compared to other JDM 2 strokes, so I think they are also struggling to value them as the UK/Europe markets are largely unaware that they even exist, so the demand isn't there - yet... Whenever I take mine out, I get all sorts of mixed reactions with some people thinking its some sort of twin engined AR125 special.. I guess the more we get them out there, the more interest they will generate.
KR250 Tandem - Love It
KR1 Project - Sold
XT600Z 3AJ Tenere Overlander
TZR250R 3MA Reverse Cylinder - Sold
TZR250R 3XV V-Twin - Road & Track
TDR250 - Road & Track
XTZ850 Super Ten Dakar Sonauto Rep - Sold
Cexley
Smoker

Post by Cexley »

Yes, prices vary a lot over here. It all depends on condition and how long they have stood. One of the original Huddersfield imports that sold at auction recently for £3600 has been recommissioned and back on for over £5k. It is pretty much factory original, so like most decent examples of rare JDM 250 strokers, they tend to be worth around 4.5.-5.5 if in good original condition, UK registered and properly recommissioned.

I've also looked at what KR250's fetch on the Japanese auction sites, and they are pretty low compared to other JDM 2 strokes, so I think they are also struggling to value them as the UK/Europe markets are largely unaware that they even exist, so the demand isn't there - yet... Whenever I take mine out, I get all sorts of mixed reactions with some people thinking its some sort of twin engined AR125 special.. I guess the more we get them out there, the more interest they will generate.
KR250 Tandem - Love It
KR1 Project - Sold
XT600Z 3AJ Tenere Overlander
TZR250R 3MA Reverse Cylinder - Sold
TZR250R 3XV V-Twin - Road & Track
TDR250 - Road & Track
XTZ850 Super Ten Dakar Sonauto Rep - Sold