Remove engine from frame

The place to talk about your Tandem!
sulli

Remove engine from frame

Post by sulli »

Hi I was just looking at the workshop manual for engine removal and it says to remove the head and the rear barrel on an 84 model Kr 250 tandem has anybody done it with out the need to do this ? any tips
John
StrokerBoy
Premix Junkie

Re: Remove engine from frame

Post by StrokerBoy »

I've not tried it but someone once told me he'd managed it with a complete engine, not sure how though. Get some photos up of your attempt ! :mrgreen:
Kawasaki KR250 Tandem Twin (x4) & KS-II 80,
Yamaha RD350LC,
Suzuki GSX-R750RK & RB50 Gag.
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

Post by dougindoors »

there was a guy that did get the engine out complete, by turning it upside down, not recommended. just buy a new gasket set, or remove both barrels with the head intact, that's what I did until I found the gasket sets on evilbay including the elusive head gasket. see my thread "finally started" or on page 2 of the kr250 forum, full gasket sets.
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit
saeid

Post by saeid »

Hi

I couldn't pull the engine out of the frame in one piece, I removed the head and both barrels attached to it. When fitting them back this way you need some body to lower this assembly gently while guiding piston and rings into the barrels to avoid getting rings broken.

Good luck!
sulli

Post by sulli »

dougindoors wrote:there was a guy that did get the engine out complete, by turning it upside down, not recommended. just buy a new gasket set, or remove both barrels with the head intact, that's what I did until I found the gasket sets on evilbay including the elusive head gasket. see my thread "finally started" or on page 2 of the kr250 forum, full gasket sets.
well the engine is a runner and I don't want to upset the Karma by pulling it apart as it usually ends up in tears My wallet starts crying :roll:
dougindoors
Heavy Smoker

Post by dougindoors »

If it ain't broke don't fix it :D
1984 Kawasaki KR250A
no projects, OOPS!1987 Kawasaki AR125B4
Every 2 in 1 poeple are schizophrenic
If you can not fix it with a hammer it must be electrical
2 Smokey and they bandit