KR250A race bike

The place to talk about your Tandem!
TwoStroke Institute
Oil Injector

Re: KR250A race bike

Post by TwoStroke Institute »

smeg wrote:More pics of the KR250 race bike project, but first in answer to this post

"I had a look and a listen to the bike at the Barry, I don't think the ignition or the carburation is right.Are you running an EGT probe? The pipes could also be an issue. It never sounded sharp. Was great to see it out there and someone doing something different."

The jetting is pretty close, I do not run a probe. The bike does not start to pull until 7,000 then starts to pull hard around 9,000 and it jetted a little rich down low so it will not sound crisp in the pits. As I said in a previously the bike needs to go for a Dyno session to setup the ignition curve and a tweak of the jetting.

One think i did not mention before is that the primary drives have been custom made so that they engage both sprockets on the clutch drive.

I have also fitted a steering damper.
I heard it out on the track and it wasn't right. Would benefit from an airbox of some sort, RGV's are very hard to tune without an air box lid even. Needs jets around 350 main and 60 power jets without the airbox lid on a RGV.
What is the ignition curve? Have you strobed the engine to ensure crank degrees and programmed advance are equal? As I can't see any timing reference marks on the trigger plate/surrounds. If your triggering off 1 crank you will have to use the correction on the software for the other cylinder.
crochet & croquet
maccas
Oil Injector

Re: KR250A race bike

Post by maccas »

Did anyone save Smeg's pics to their hard drive? They are gone now on the forum. Would love to see the detail pictures again.

Dan