New two stroke race series.

Tell us how to beat Rossi!
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

New two stroke race series.

Post by Bikemike »

Spotted this on another forum, thought a few on here might be interested.

Mike

"Thought some of you might be interested in the golden era 2-strokes class that club thundersport are running next year.

The machines eligible are
All 2-stroke racing solo machines built before 1st January 1989.
All 2-stroke production based solo machines built before 1st January 1998.
Plus, up to 375cc 2-stroke solo racing machines built before 1st January 1992.
Plus, up to 126cc 2-stroke solo racing machines built before 1st January 2005.
TT Formula 2 solos from in period are eligible.
“Specials” from in period accepted on a case by case specific basis.

Full details
http://www.motoforum...showtopic=61009

If anyone is interested in doing this series, give Dave Stewart a call at Thundersport GB, 01455 842600
At the moment, interest numbers are down so for the class to go ahead Dave needs to know numbers of proposed riders."
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.
rgv mike
Light Smoker

Post by rgv mike »

Thanks for the post. To reiterate the point For anyone interested in racing in this series, wether doing the whole championship, the odd race or thinking you may enter a round but not 100% can you register your interest by emailing Thundersport GB, email address on the website contact page, Dave Stewart's address is here :- jamiestewart9@googlemail.com
This is a real chance to get a full grid of two-strokes, each in there own sub catagories, TV coverage (Motors TV) top tracks and great organisation. People talk about previous and now defunct championships which were great (Aprilia Challenge), now here is a chance to be part of a modern championship, and hopefully it'll be one which people will talk about for years to come.
hardtosellto
Heavy Smoker

Post by hardtosellto »

Sounds good to me, is anyone else here interested in giving it a go?
The older I get,the better I was.
hardtosellto
Heavy Smoker

Post by hardtosellto »

I spoke to Dave today, so far only 13 riders have expressed an interest,which makes me think it might be a non starter, just wondered if anyone else from here has been in touch with him.
I dont know if anyone is on any other two stroke forums and could spread the word, it would be a shame to miss an opportunity .
The older I get,the better I was.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

I may be, but am not committing to anything at the moment, other than a season at Derby Phoenix.