Race wheels 'n' tyres

Tell us how to beat Rossi!
Elvis Parsley
lurker

Race wheels 'n' tyres

Post by Elvis Parsley »

Hi guys, first post up and it's a never ending one it seems. Just bought back my old Kr1s race bike from the 90's and going to luv it up and get back on the track for a "can he kick it" trackday for old times sake. The bike is still the same as it was the day we sold it over ten years ago...even the old scruitineering stickers are still on the screen.

Had loads of trouble with it in the handling department way back when as it was one of the first to have a 17" rear wheel. Could never get it to steer well enough. My question is this; I've never been a fan of over tyreing a bike and and I'm torn with putting the 18" rear back in or sticking with the 17 and fitting tie rods which are now available I gather. I want to run a 110 section front tyre in the dry on the standard rim. Has anyone run a pirelli corsa front bridgestone 090 rear combination in the dry? Are the 18" bridgestone wets still on sale?

There always seems to be a compromise on tyre size/rim size compatibility issue unless you run a 3.5 front and 4.5 or larger rear rim! What's the doo with you track boys?

Sorry it's a well worn posting but something definitive would be good....I know it's open to opinion but I'll soak up the advice anyhoo.

Thankyouverymuch! Cilla says High by the way!
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

I have found the Dunlop gpr/alpha in standard (KR1-S) sizes pretty good - but I havent tried race rubber on a 250 so cant compare.
.. Image ..