cold day out

Tell us how to beat Rossi!
qwaka

cold day out

Post by qwaka »

hi guys went out on mine last week clucking cold any body els been this stupid this year :D
nzkr1
Heavy Smoker

Post by nzkr1 »

Why don't you guys shift down under were you can ride your bikes all year round :lol:
I rode my bike last weekend and it was stinking hot. :mrgreen:
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

I have to take my camel pack to keep my fluids up while i'm out its so warm here.
Lovely 8)
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

I stick to cycling in this weather, a bit dicy with slick tyres mind :) .
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

Cliff wrote:I stick to cycling in this weather, a bit dicy with slick tyres mind :) .
Got a a bad shoulder & hip from cycling to work, lost the front going from tarmac to concrete - said concrete was slimy from fluids leeching from a pile of rotting down horse poo piled next to the path - slid nicely into the pile of horse manure closely followed by my bike. Only problem now is I will probably have to get a new lid as I had a massive impact on the side of my head!
Its only since I having kids that I stated wearing a cycle helmet I imagine (judging by the comperssion of said helmet) I could have knocked myself out if I hadn't been wearing one! so remember kids - wear a helmet!

Good 'wear a helmet ad' to show your kids!

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

alimorg wrote:
Cliff wrote:I stick to cycling in this weather, a bit dicy with slick tyres mind :) .
Got a a bad shoulder & hip from cycling to work, lost the front going from tarmac to concrete - said concrete was slimy from fluids leeching from a pile of rotting down horse poo piled next to the path - slid nicely into the pile of horse manure closely followed by my bike. Only problem now is I will probably have to get a new lid as I had a massive impact on the side of my head!
Its only since I having kids that I stated wearing a cycle helmet I imagine (judging by the comperssion of said helmet) I could have knocked myself out if I hadn't been wearing one! so remember kids - wear a helmet!

Good 'wear a helmet ad' to show your kids!

Cheers
AL
I would never ride a bicycle without wearing a helmet again. I was lucky not to crack my skull open when I was young (and indestructable :roll: ) and didn't wear a helmet. While riding down a hill on my BMX some old bat in a Datsun turned across the road right in front of me and I bounced off the front gaurd (no, I didn't superman over the bonnet :( ). I probably would've been doing about 50kph when I hit (very tall gearing, and very steep hill :twisted: ), and it was sheer luck that my only injuries consisted of ligament damage to my hip, and some assorted bruising (the bike wasn't so lucky :( ).
The few good things that came out of it is a healthy paranoia of anyone else on the road, a good instinct for idiots that are about to do something dumb in front of me, and an understanding of the importance of wearing the right gear (luck dosn't last forever).
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
the_bard
Smoker

Post by the_bard »

there's a hill out my way where (according to those little trip computer things) i can hit 75kph with mountain bike tires, bit of a worry when your only wearing shorts a singlet and a tiny little push bike helmet, however i am still aforementioned young and indestructable so until i injure myself properly you probably can't talk me out of it \:D/
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

the_bard wrote:there's a hill out my way where (according to those little trip computer things) i can hit 75kph with mountain bike tires, bit of a worry when your only wearing shorts a singlet and a tiny little push bike helmet, however i am still aforementioned young and indestructable so until i injure myself properly you probably can't talk me out of it \:D/
Hope you've got good health insurance then. [-o<
I just hope you wear a more suitable level of kit when your on your motorbike at least. From what I'm told, skin grafts arn't much fun. :-k

PS. 50kph is a somewhat coservative estimate as we didn't have those trip computers back then (mid to late 80's :oops: ).The speed limit on that road was 60, and I used to overtake cars going down there quite often. But these are the things you do in your early teens I guess. :-$
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)