Trackday problem

Tell us how to beat Rossi!
Sparky

Trackday problem

Post by Sparky »

Took the kr1s to Cadwell today. First ride on it as its a track bike.
Has absolutely no power and I mean no power under 9,000 rpm then it comes in with a massive bang took tank off to look at the kips motor and when you turn bike on it closes then opens, started bike with fuel in carbs and the kips don't move again
Opinions please as I can't ride it like this
TIA
DougB
Oil Injector

Re: Trackday problem

Post by DougB »

Sparky wrote:Took the kr1s to Cadwell today. First ride on it as its a track bike.
Has absolutely no power and I mean no power under 9,000 rpm then it comes in with a massive bang took tank off to look at the kips motor and when you turn bike on it closes then opens, started bike with fuel in carbs and the kips don't move again
Opinions please as I can't ride it like this
TIA
Just checked on mine and when switched on the servo motor goes from closed to open, back to closed. Start the engine and it doesn't move until the RPM gets up around 7000(ish, revs are climbing too fast to be accurate) before it goes to open. If your engine has been set up for F3 kips valves I think the set-up on the cables and pulleys has to be modified a lot from the standard road setup to get the valves to turn the correct way but I don't think that would affect how and when the PV motor works. Do you have a standard CDI on it?
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Not sure I bought the bike a couple of weeks ago and it's an ex race bike used in the post classic race on the Isle of Man in 2010 where it came 9th with an average speed of 90 mph. Really is un rideable by me in its present state
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Post a pic of it
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Never mind, just had a look back through your posts and seen it. I don’t recognise the bike, so you'll have to start having a poke around and see what you can find.

Start by checking what ignition it has and take the exhausts off, to see what the power valves are doing. When you turn the ignition on, they will move to the open position. Before they get chance to move back to closed, switch the ignition off and you'll be able to look up the exhaust ports and see what's going on.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Cheers