Kr1 spotted at NGMCC Thruxton rd

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Kr1 spotted at NGMCC Thruxton rd

Post by dave32 »

Went to spectate at the recent Thruxton rd of the ACU 250Gp class run by North Gloucester club,was great to see nearly 30 pukka 250's in action!
Also there was a few Formula 2 spec sidecars using powervalve/lc 350 derived engines (bit cheaper than the TZ 350 parts).
In the formula 400 class there was a early TZR 250 and a Kr1 B2 (with S running gear),both did really well,the KR was holding 4th for a few laps but finished around 6th in one of the races,not bad out of 17 others.
The Kr was also out in the open 450 against late model TZ's and RS's along with GP125's and highly tuned 400 4's,it finished around 10th (out of 25 or so) so was quite impressive!
I had a look round it in the paddock,it had stock carbs/airbox,stock brakes and a Hagon shock along with dunlop Gpr 70's so nothing fancy.
Just goes to show how capable the old Kr is when its got a half decent rider on board,i bet some of the guys on full on GP bikes that had 30kg less,over 30hp more and radial brakes,slicks etc were a bit miffed :D
The 250 GP front runners though lap quicker than the powerbikes when they have a real capable rider onboard.
The open class a couple of years back was a battle between 3 TZ250's and Phil bevan on a superbike spec R1,great racing for 15 laps of the fastest UK race track!
If anyone gets the chance next year i highly recommend going along to one of the rounds. :D