F250 Donington 26th/27th May

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

F250 Donington 26th/27th May

Post by Luders »

Dan Williams TZR was out of action this weekend and he was even having trouble with is diesel, this paved the way for Dave Reynolds to take away a clean sheet, with all 5 race wins on his VJ23.

I got close to him on race 4 after a 2nd place finish in race 3, but my tyres went off on lap 4 and I had to give up the chase and could only manage 3rd, with Graeme Fraser taking 2nd spot off me on his VJ23.

Hopefully there will be some more KR's out at Cadwell next month.
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Well done Ben. Good effort, and the bike still looks great.
"Turned out nice again"
si.likes.guiness
Heavy Smoker

Post by si.likes.guiness »

well done mate,i just couldnt get away at the weekend to come down :(
ive seen more tarts than mr kipling
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

Great result and brilliant pic of you and the bike in action =D>
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Well done ben!

It will be good to see the bike in person at cadwell!

Dan
dave32
Heavy Smoker

Post by dave32 »

Well done!
Bike looks great,love the paintjob,hows that screen for wind deflection looks like your struggling to get behind it?
Hows the bike on top speed against the other 250's,would a larger screen help?
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Look closer at the screen. I have a nice little extender, which is defelcting the air flow straight over my lid.

When it's running right it's kicking out a good amount of power and I'm able to keep up with the VJ23's. I might be losing out a bit to them, but it's marginal and not a lack of power that's stopping me winning. I'm also quite big for a 250 rider, so that's a bit of a hadicap.

I just need to sort my setup out, but this was the best real dry running I've had this year, so am still getting everything working and setup right.

The guys on the RGV's have been riding them for years, so have a good balance already established. Whereas I changed everything over the winter, so am very much on the back foot at the moment.

I'll get there sooner or later, it's only a matter of time for me.
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

Sounds like your doing ace!
Excuse my there ignorance,but dont those orange bibs mean you new to the racing lark or something?
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Luders »

Yes, an Orange bib means you are or were at the start of the season a Novice or intermediate novice licence holder.

In order to qualify for a license upgrade to Clubman, you need to complete 10 races over 10 seperate race days at 3 different circuits within 3 years.

In my case I only need to do Cadwell next month to qualify for an upgrade, but I still have to wear my bib for the remainder of the season, to be counted in the newcomer championship.

To upgrade your license to a national, you must complete 10 races the same as Clubman, but you must finish the race within 110% of the race winner and have completed the same number of laps.