Brands Bemsee, 14 April.

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
Premix Junkie

Brands Bemsee, 14 April.

Post by 375 »

Went there and spoke to a very nice lady called Virginia power who was in the Two stroke GP classics and Formula 400 race on her kr1s. And someones h***a rs 250

scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

I remember wheel power racing team back in the 90's with Rhys Boyd and Malcolm Jago both on KR1S's.
That RS250 looks nice.
How did she get on?
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

How did she get on?[/quote]

Running with the back group, in the Formula 400 there was only 4, 250cc bikes 1 rgv, 2 tzr and 1 kr1s. the zxr 400 rule the roost they make up over half the field.

Kwackman12 was in the race but pulled out just before the start, i went for vist in the pits and he had the head off his bike, he thinks there was trouble with a shims?
His daugther Emma also in the formula 400 came 6 =D>

In the Two stroke GP classics its for factory produced or race conversion bikes, Virginia was racing with Yam Tz 250,350 750
Suzuki rg 500
h***a rs 250
Saxon 250 armstrong
Was good to see a mixed bag of bikes :D
Last edited by 375 on Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Running those cans on stock pipes with out support will result in the stinger failing at the weld top the end of the expansion. I had several go like that.

If you use short TZ cans they are OK but need repacking more often to meet the noise regs. I reckon it must have been some resonance in the system - stinger plus can just hit the sweet spot and vibrated enough to break the weld.
pookie
Oil Injector

Post by pookie »

i bought my kr-1 from wheelpower bike centre in raynes park in 1989, 23 years ago, wonder if they'll still honour the warranty :)
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

pookie wrote:i bought my kr-1 from wheelpower bike centre in raynes park in 1989, 23 years ago, wonder if they'll still honour the warranty :)
Our KR1s came from Wheel power too, and I got some NOS bits and pieces from them a while ago.
"Turned out nice again"
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

I like her name Virginia power sounds like it came straight out of a James bond novel :)
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

James Bond you say, more like Austin Powers me thinks :o
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Hi all, havent been on here for a while, nice to see you at Brand's Paul, my 400 problem turned out to be a worn big end, Emma had a big off at Paddock on the last race on sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_z829QrmaE second time she's done this, was in 4th position at the time, had to have 3 day's off with post concussion syndrome, but she's back racing again now :lol:
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
Top-shaggy
Premix Junkie

Post by Top-shaggy »

kwackman12 wrote: Emma had a big off at Paddock on the last race on sunday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_z829QrmaE second time she's done this, was in 4th position at the time, had to have 3 day's off with post concussion syndrome, but she's back racing again now :lol:
OMG ! That was pretty spectacular !!
Glad she's ok

8-[
If it takes more than 2strokes then your just playing at it..
hardtosellto
Heavy Smoker

Post by hardtosellto »

Someone came off in front of me at exactly the same spot, i was trying to avoid the bike and the rider, it all happens so fast!
After that,every lap your eyes are drawn to all the scrapes on the tarmac right on the racing line, kind of takes your mind off what you're supposed to be concentrating on when you know a bike went down exactly where you're about too be,and it was wet............Druids soon wakes you up after that!
Glad to here she's ok now.
The older I get,the better I was.
Premix Junkie

Post by 375 »

Hello Gary
Glad Emma is ok, in 4th was she not long before she has a win maybe this year [-o<

It was a good days racing at Brands a big mixed bag of bikes. i have a soft spot for the sidecars, great to watch :)
MichaelTage

Brands Bemsee 14 April

Post by MichaelTage »

Im sure one of us will be there if we cant both make it.

Is it wrong Im excited that it is a whole 16 miles closer than Bellissimos is?