Scooble and 2014

Tell us where you are racing we might pop along and offer support!
scooble
Premix Junkie

Scooble and 2014

Post by scooble »

after dipping my tow into racing for one meeting in 2012 (ended with a crank failure and a crash), this year was my re-introduction to racing after an 18 year break coming back as an orange jacketed rookie again.
It was once again a steep learning curve, and found it much physically harder this time round (as you would).
Despite my best efforst to be as prepared as possible this year, there were niggling little faults with the bike along the way (such is racing - two strokes especially) and I only managed to get out for 4 of the 8 rounds. But despite this, I did manage to colelct 15 trophies in all in the F400 class (Rookie and sub 64), and came 4th in the rookie championship with a points scorring average just 0.5 below that of the eventual winner Matt Barber.
But due to the restrictions now in place for the sub 64 class (see my other rant), I decided not to continue in this class for 2014. Therefore, I was pretty undecide what to do for next season.
I love strokers, and so was thinking about the Yamaha Past Masters, but unfortunatley, the grids are starting to dwindle despite some very good riders being up the front. I could have chosen to go down the TSGP route, and I did get some good results in the two rounds I compted in this year (two 3rds at the begining of the year, qualified 2nd and two 4ths at the end of the year), I was kind of fed up with all the hassle I had this year trying to get good drive and power from my KR.
So for next year, I'll be doing Minitwits as the grids are huge and the bikes are basic, and all you need is tryes and fuel.
Its been a hard decision to make, but at the end of the day, you really have to enjoy your racing, and when it ends up becoming a chore and a real grind by endlessly banging your head against a brick wall, you know that its time to call it a day.
I cant quite get myself to sell the racing KR (at least not yet), but will be selling the other road bike project that i nver got round to building and keeping the NC30 for road use.
If I happen to get the time to fettle the KR next year and get it setup producing good power, I might do one or two TSGP rounds, but until then, I'll be out on the lazy fat tractor that I just bought.

my 2013 final blog
Last edited by scooble on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luders
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Scooble and 2014

Post by Luders »

We can sort the power out on your KR
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Tricia sounds like your doing some real soul searching. I hope you decide the best option. Remember its a sport and hobby so go with what you enjoy. How is your pal who had the sidecar accident, are they ok.

Best regards
Steve
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

my housemate Ginny had a broken scaphoid, collar bone, 5 ribs and another cracked bone somewhere else. The driver is Ok, but feels pretty sure she didn't do anything wrong and will be out again next year (maybe with a different passenger).
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Wow Tricia I didnt realise the damage, trust Ginny recouperates over the autumn, albeit with a fair degree of pain. Just ribs hurt, never mind the rest!
scooble
Premix Junkie

Post by scooble »

did a couple of rounds of the TSGP this year with some mixed results, but I did get a picture in the TSGP 2013 magazine though;
(think I got a bit of a reputation :oops: )

which inspired a friend to make this as my new 'race' logo