horn ?

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
baldy

horn ?

Post by baldy »

cant get horn to work , removed and tested on my other bike and works fine . all my electrics seem to work fine apart from this , checked the two wires with nothing going to them . is there a separate fuse which would power this ? or could the actual switch be faulty ?
sure this is probably something simple
Howie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by Howie »

I've never known a horn to fail & it NOT actually be the horn itself.

Have you checked the spade connectors for soundness, sometimes the wire can corrode off the connector but stay in place due to the nature of the crimped connector (if you see what I mean?)

Are the spade connectors filthy dirty? Try cleaning them with an electrical cleaning spray, they are not the easiest to get at with a wire brush!

I suppose it may be the actual horn button itself but once again, I've never known one to fail.

You'll have to let us know what it was.
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

i see from your photos, you have a kr1s and a kr1,
take the left swithgear from the working bike and plug it in to the one
that the horn does,nt work.
that way you will eliminate the switchgear,
after that, swap horns, then you will know if its the wiring loom
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

the + comes directly fron the ignition switch, so check with the multimeter between the brown horn wire and the chassis that you have 12V.

the negative goes through the horn switch. stich the + in the B/W wire in the connector of the loom on the right hand switch gear and again check for 12V. then open up the switch gear and check B/W wire and the horn button, than press the horn button and check the B/Y wire at the button, the B/Y wire at the connector, and so on .... just follow the wiring diagram :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
baldy

Post by baldy »

cheers guys dodgy spade end ! another job done off the list :)