Please help identify

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
fkkr1s
lurker

Please help identify

Post by fkkr1s »

Hi Guys,
I have been rebuilding my KR1-S since the end of Jan, only 15 years on Sorn , but this was the year I get my arse in gear and crack on.

Anyway I seem to have some cables which I cannot see where they are supposed to go? I have attached some photo's which may or may not help.

Both seem to be part of the loom and not added or new cables as they both come out from the loom itself. But for the life of me I cannot remember what they were for or if they were ever used, 15 years is a long time and i can't remember yesterday let alone then. I have gone through the wiring diagram and I am still not seeing what these belong too.

Anyway any assistance you can give would be very welcome.

Many thanks
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

I think the second one is the sidestand cutout switch, not sure about the first. will have a look at mine.
Wait for an expert though :)
fkkr1s
lurker

Post by fkkr1s »

Thanks for that, I think you are right I was checking the wiring diagrams again and I can see the side stand cables.

No to work out the other ones :roll:
maccas
Oil Injector

Post by maccas »

Agreed the two wire one is the sidestand cut off switch which can be left as it is now without problems.

The red (and yellow?) wire isn't connected to anything at all out of the factory.

So you are good to go :D

Maccas
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

the first picture of the wires on the left, i would say they are the clutch
lever switch
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2