Running fault at high revs left hand cylinder

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
slashing
Heavy Smoker

Running fault at high revs left hand cylinder

Post by slashing »

My kr1s will start to miss at high revs i have put another coil on it. plus pick up coil and tried two cdi units. The stator winding has been changed before with a thicker wire. Does any one know if when i change the pick up coil do i need to replace the part which goes in to the bottom of the crank the part that the pick up plugs in to under the engine. I know that its not a fueling problem because i have had this bike on a dyno. Any help would be apeciated many thanks Rob. Also the motor is in good condtion as had a full rebuild 600 miles ago.
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

have you swapped the spark plugs yet ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
slashing
Heavy Smoker

Post by slashing »

Yes the guy who owns the dyno took a reading off both cylinders he said its allways the left side its got a new motor with only 600 miles on it. It will only make 40 break on the dyno. Do you think it will need a new coil?
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I'm not sure about your answer : did he actualy swap the plugs and spark plug heads ? or did he just too readings from both cylinders as they are ?
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
slashing
Heavy Smoker

Post by slashing »

Can you still get the coils from them i am tearing my hair out i have had this bike for some trime now chucked loads of cash at it an it still wont run right.