Ingition Barrell removal.............

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
tommy

Ingition Barrell removal.............

Post by tommy »

Hi Guys,
Due to buying my KR1 from a klutz, I have no keys for it. Took delivery on monday, with steering lock on. Royal pain in the backside. Good news is that thanks to Sandman's advice I've found a local locksmith that can make a key up from the barrell. However, the question I have is :

I know the tank will have to be removed to get it off and prob headlight cowling too, but is there just one big socket connector for the ignition as Ive seen in the manual. I'm trying to work out if this is something I can get off in the street (as I have no garage) or wether it's better to wait until I can get it to my mate's shed............

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Tommy
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

If your lazy and want to cheat a little just so you can get it to the locksmith, just take the whole top yoke off with it still attached. Then you can either take the whole package down, or disassemble the barrell on the kitchen table. :wink:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
tommy

Post by tommy »

Cool, thanks for the reply, do the wires that come from the bottom of the ignition (I've seen 1 cable disappearing into the headstock area) just have a single connector to a block somewhere under the tank?

Cheers

Tommy
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

tommy wrote:Cool, thanks for the reply, do the wires that come from the bottom of the ignition (I've seen 1 cable disappearing into the headstock area) just have a single connector to a block somewhere under the tank?

Cheers

Tommy
yes :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
tommy

Post by tommy »

Cheers Jan, it was just like you said. Hopefully keys should be with me by weekend, then we'll be able to start on the real jobs \:D/