firing on 1

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
upyourkiltbatman

firing on 1

Post by upyourkiltbatman »

i was caught out in our lovely british weather and it pissed down on me on my way home , then the bike missed fired then started to run on 1 , (thought it might be water in coil or something) so let it dry out in the shed overnight then in the morning sprayed the coil with wet start to get rid of water that might be left , but it still runs on 1 with no2 firing now and then , so as i was checking plugs i noticed if you pull the cap off the plug and leave a gap of 10mm or so it will fire but when you put it back on it doesnt , any ideas ?
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

did you check the spark plug yet ?

swap the plugs and see if the problem switches to the other cylinder. if so, you'll need a new coil or plug or plug wire. if not a new plug
Last edited by JanBros on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
upyourkiltbatman

Post by upyourkiltbatman »

first thing i did was change plug , no difference .then i swapped ht leads over still only firing on the left ,so im baffled ?
tescr500
Oil Injector

Post by tescr500 »

Hi when i had a brand new kr1 many moons ago the first time i experienced this was when my gene was on its way out, on tick over it fired on1 then 2 then 1 then fine for a week then poof no spark at all, gene give up the ghost, got a new one then fine, complements to kawasaki also, they rebuilt my bike 6 times as we all know then piston fault, and on the sixth build put a nice new crank in for me to, after all this the gene went and they payed half bearing in mind this was over the course of 2 years and my local shop hated my face when i turned up whats up now i used to get, but how i wish to turn back the clock and i would of kept the old girl.