Indicator Switches

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Indicator Switches

Post by SHimmer45 »

Hi, removed my indicator switch from the clip on to clean everything up but im have a mare trying to get it to sit back on correctly.

as the end near the pass switch doesnt sit properly when its tightened, i think its one of the wires inside but i just cant it one there.

is there a knack to it?
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

theres a tiny stud that seats into a small hole on the handlebar itself (stops the controls front rotating around the bar) - have you broken it off or bent it? or is the choke lever somehow the problem
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

I had a similar problem Lee.
As Kr1r said mine turned out to be a combination of two problems, the small locating stud was buggered (drilled out and fitted a small screw instead), and the choke cable assembly was designed by the Devil himself :evil:.
After an hour of using increasingly inventive swear words (all to no avail), I went away, had a cup of tea, came back and it went together first time :roll:.
I seem to remember I got a wire caught as well.
All in all it was one of those typical Kr-1s jobs- looks like it will take 5 minutes but ended up taking almost two hours.
Good luck,
Mike
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.