No spark at plugs

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
gytr_r1

No spark at plugs

Post by gytr_r1 »

Help...

I have no spark at the plugs... which I've traced back to the ignition/kill switch circuits.

There is power to the ignition switch, but not to the kill switch. No fuses are blown, and the CDI has power where it should. Are there any hidden fuseable links or fuses apart from the 3 in the fuse box? I didn't see any in the wiring diagram.

It's a 91 KR1-S

Thanks
gytr_r1

Post by gytr_r1 »

Revision...

There's no power exiting the CDI on the ignition circuit. Power is coming in on the orange wire, but none on the white. I guess this means trying to source a CDI unit? ](*,)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Yes, but the most common reason for a knacked CDI is a failed regulator, so once its running check the regulator as per the manual as well.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
gytr_r1

Post by gytr_r1 »

the-elf wrote:Yes, but the most common reason for a knacked CDI is a failed regulator, so once its running check the regulator as per the manual as well.
Yeah I read that on another post in here after a bit more trolling... Thanks for the replies by the way... We'll replace the regulator anyway as the original one looks fairly corroded on the heat sink, and it all failed after a ride in the rain...