fitting new stator

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
martin
Premix Junkie

fitting new stator

Post by martin »

got my new stator from electrixworld today :D thing is, you have to fit the wires in to the connector block yourself, [stator comes with connector blocks and 6 crimps in a seperate bag] anyone fitted one before, as cant see a problem working out the red,white and black wire. , but there are 3 yellow wires all coming out together,so am i right in guessing all the yellow wires are the same and its just a case of matching any of them up to any of the yellow wires on the block of the loom
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Re: fitting new stator

Post by the-elf »

martin wrote:got my new stator from electrixworld today :D thing is, you have to fit the wires in to the connector block yourself, [stator comes with connector blocks and 6 crimps in a seperate bag] anyone fitted one before, as cant see a problem working out the red,white and black wire. , but there are 3 yellow wires all coming out together,so am i right in guessing all the yellow wires are the same and its just a case of matching any of them up to any of the yellow wires on the block of the loom
Yep I've fitted one yo mine. The three yellow wires are all the same and can connect to any of the three in the loom.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

knew you would know the answer elf :D soon as the flywheel holder and puller arrive,i can get busy :D spoke to them on the phone about a pick up coil, they cant match one up for the kr, shame really as there nla from kwak,
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Think the pickup from a kmx is the same but might have a extra wire?
Lee (frog32) has one i'm sure he will have a look for you
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

I've tested pick-up coils from a GPZ600 and a GTR1000 and they work as good as originals :wink:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !