Interference with a TV

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
alimorg
Site Admin

Interference with a TV

Post by alimorg »

I know the title looks a bit suspect, but can anyone tell me why the TV signal gets messed up when my KR-1 is running - the misses is going mental cos I keep 'spoiling' East Enders (in my opinion anything that interrupts that mindless drivel is a good thing!)
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Post by ScottaKR »

Maybe if you take the bike out of the lounge room....... :mrgreen:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

perhaps you're using non-electrically suppressed spark plugs? Or what do you call them in english :oops:

cheers,
Charles
Last edited by Charles on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Try new HT leads (and/or a new coil) and plugs or move the bike further away from the telly :lol: . Dosn't she mind the noise and the fumes in the living room or is it just the crap picture that she's upset about :lol: ?

Are you running a zeeltronic ignition? If you are then the ignition iunit is a lot more powerfull than the standard unit and you should be using a resistance type plug to supress electronic interference. I use the spitfire plugs on mine and they do a great job.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

the-elf wrote:Try new HT leads (and/or a new coil) and plugs or move the bike further away from the telly :lol: . Dosn't she mind the noise and the fumes in the living room or is it just the crap picture that she's upset about :lol: ?

Are you running a zeeltronic ignition? If you are then the ignition iunit is a lot more powerfull than the standard unit and you should be using a resistance type plug to supress electronic interference. I use the spitfire plugs on mine and they do a great job.
Standard ignition, & my garage is about 30m from the house! can I use the coil off my KR-1S on my KR-1? or will I damage some of the other electrical jiggery pokery?
Cheers
Al
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Ali.

When you find out let me know, and i'll buy it.
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

alimorg wrote: Standard ignition, & my garage is about 30m from the house! can I use the coil off my KR-1S on my KR-1? or will I damage some of the other electrical jiggery pokery?
Cheers
Al
Nope the coils are interchangable.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
fred
Oil Injector

Post by fred »

has anyone tried them iridium spark plugs yet ?
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

the-elf wrote:Nope the coils are interchangable.
Excellent Cheers Elf
fred wrote:has anyone tried them iridium spark plugs yet ?
Yep very good, cured a missfire I had at low revs, but I am now thinknig that the root of the missfire is my coil, so they actually masked a problem!
Cheers
AL