Can anyone say what is what here?

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
LotusSevenMan
Heavy Smoker

Can anyone say what is what here?

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Ch*st, this KR1 stuff gets worse.
Having sorted the temp gauge problem (and thanks to all those contributors!!!) the bike has now gone weird on me again.

Sidestand interupt switch doesn't cut ignition anymore.

Explanation. When I got the bike there was no sidestand switch fitted so I used one I had aquired in a bag of old bits. Two wires on switch & connected them up to the two I found dangling from the loom. Result was stand down = no start. stand up position, it goes. Fine and dandy.
Now it goes whatever. Have checked switch operation and that is perfect make/break etc.
Earth on loom is fine so it is the ignition 'cut' side that isn't working.
What to look for?

And................. can anyone say what the function of the clutch switch is? mine is missing but a donor machine has the loom section from said switch to that plastic loom plug and the switch too so I can swop it over if required.
Many thanks to all you fine people in advance!!!
If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is!

KR1 250 twin 1989 vintage
H*nda FireStorm 996cc 'V' twin
Royal Enfield 500cc single
Ducati Stealth 748 'L' twin (748 but with a 916 engine in place instead!!!)
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Think you have problems check "thinking of selling" in for sale section ](*,) :mrgreen: Havent looked at what the clutch switch does, will try to check it on one of my bikes
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

OK, I believe :?: The side stand switch" down". Will only cut the ign if the bike is in gear ( by means of the neutral light on / off) ...... The clutch switch will override this until you release the clutch lever. with the side stand still down, then the engine will cut out.
Side stand up,,, in gear ( lets say your dressing gowns got stuck & you've stalled the bike :lol: ) it won't start in gear unless you pull the clutch.
......Anyone know this to be wrong :?: Alan
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Its got to be an earth problem again I think? try earthing out the negative side of the switch with a seperate wire, also do you have one or two wires coming of the battery negative terminal? as one of my bikes has two wires going to one connection which is then bolted to earth & the other bike has two wires going to the battery which bolt on seperatly. we had better get this fixed asap as i'm starting to feel sorry for the neighbours "un shaven man in hobnail boots & dressing gown enough to put me of my corn flakes :mrgreen: "
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
kwackman12
Oil Injector

Post by kwackman12 »

Bit slow at typing in the morning think Allans correct
KR1 race bike
ZXR 400 Race Bike
Aprilia RS250
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

kwackman12 wrote: we had better get this fixed asap as i'm starting to feel sorry for the neighbours "un shaven man in hobnail boots & dressing gown enough to put me of my corn flakes :mrgreen: "
:lol: :lol: ...........PS Push "your" bikes to one side a while & chill. Then decide sell/fix. You'll take a hiding on the price if you sell them broke Alan.
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat
LotusSevenMan
Heavy Smoker

Post by LotusSevenMan »

let's say your dressing gowns got stuck & you've stalled the bike !!!

Ha ha

Listen guys. Better man in dressing gown and safety boots (hobnail boots have sparking hazard potential!) than this man in boots and std sleeping attire..............i.e. zilch!!! :shock:

Right, this is getting better I think. What the additional earth has done is actually got the machine to work correctly as stated by Alanw. It just wasn't working as it had been before the engine earthing 'strap' was fitted.
Have now robbed the clutch interupt switch from a donor bike (and repaired it as the two wires at the actual switch were both pulled off).
Both wires soldered back on now so here's hoping it all works again correctly this time. [-o<
If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is!

KR1 250 twin 1989 vintage
H*nda FireStorm 996cc 'V' twin
Royal Enfield 500cc single
Ducati Stealth 748 'L' twin (748 but with a 916 engine in place instead!!!)