Instrument bulbs

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Instrument bulbs

Post by vector74 »

Hi,

I have had nothing but problems with the instrument bulbs flickering on and off and bulbs falling out and the grey instrument bulb holders dropping out of front as they wont stay in. Anyone know the exact type these 12v 3w instrument bulbs should be ? Basically it seems wemoto have ones with a 5mm base and a 9mm base and then there are ones on ebay with varying sized width and depths. Or alternatively another idiot light setup off another kawasaki ? that can be put on instead as these ones are crap (ive had 2 different ones and both do the same)

Thanks.
kr1-s c2
garye345
Premix Junkie

Post by garye345 »

just buy a complete unit off smeebay and use it for bits,just sold one for £10 thats gotta be cheaper and less hassle :D
I used to be so care less,as if i could'nt careless.
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

I already did (new dials and idiot light section with all wires) and its crap as well. The bulb holders never stay in properly and several different types of the bulbs ive used (possibly wrong sizes) keep flickering on and off and falling out of the holders (because they wont stay in properly) ](*,) and because ive tried to put holders back in (with fairing on) and knocked the bulbs off into the bellypan blackhole never to be seen again.
kr1-s c2
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

i can post you some holders from a bmw f650 gs..they will work..i know the bulbs fit my kr cos ive robbed all the bulbs out the spare bikes clocks to put in my guvners gs cos we had no stock....but then you can get the bulbs for a 650 gs...they're falling out cos they r 18 years old mate..... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Thanks for the offer but I think I will just end up sticking the holders in with a touch of super glue or something. Measured the base of my instrument bulbs and they are 5mm .. they seem like the proper size but am wondering should they be the 9mm base ones ? Anyone know ?
kr1-s c2
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Hi Vector,

Just been out to the garage to pull one out and....

Cant get the sodding thing out of the idiot light holder...

Anyway, I have to take the fairing off tomozz anyway (need to tinker about getting the horn working)

So will give you a definitve answer then....

Is it the size of the base of the bulb you want?

Or

The rubber bung thing that the bulb sits in???
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Hi,

Thanks. Its the base of the bulb itself. Wemoto sell two types ...a 5mm and 9mm base. I think it should probably be 5mm but want to make sure before I order them. I see 5mm is more expensive for some reason so I take it everyone needs 5mm ones :)
kr1-s c2
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

5 mm mate!
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Thought it might be. Thanks for that !
kr1-s c2