Side light woes

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Side light woes

Post by vector74 »

Hi,

Got bike mot in a few weeks and the only thing wrong with it is the side light is not working... main light/high beam is fine. Sidelight did work but I think taking off fairing has broken a wire or something inside that main connection to headlamp. I changed the rhs switchgear and it is still the same.. changed headlight bulb and its the same. Cleaned connection to headlamp and its a good tight fit on it. How would you go about tracking down the fault ?

Thanks.
kr1-s c2
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Looking at

There is only one 3 pin plug that goes to the headlamp that operates all city/main/high beam isnt there ? Looking at that pic it looks like the city light one is on a separate connection ? ](*,)
kr1-s c2
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Get your multimeter out unplug the bulb wiring from the loom and check that there is continunity though the bulb from both connectors. If there is then the fault is in the main loom. If it is check that the earth wire is working. Its just a matter of checking back though the loom until you find the fault.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

side light is on a seperate wire to the main plug on the back of the
headlight

it is easy to damage the wires going to the side-light bulb holder - its a very tight squeeze removing/replacing the holder and bulb as it fits
at the bottom of the headlamp assembly

my attempts at soldering were ueseless so i ended up joining an old idiot light to the wire and poking that through for the mot :)
Smokings Good For You
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

First chance I got to look at this side light woe. The side light wire was missing altogether :shock: Thought maybe it fell out because it hadnt been connected up but after looking in my part boxes its in there :) I was thinking for ages why the hell I took it off and finally figured out it was because I removed it for spraying part of fairing. Then at some later point I must of cut off the side light wire connector to use for something else not knowing what it was for =D> luckily Ive got an old loom. And the icing on the cake really was the bulb in it was blown so its a complete catastrophe #-o
kr1-s c2
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

wouldn't expect anything else vector :lol: - your saga's are legend :lol:
Smokings Good For You
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Garry wrote:wouldn't expect anything else vector :lol: - your saga's are legend :lol:
Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Got it fixed and it passed mot today. Was lucky though.. I had been spraying some wd40 around bike other day and he thought it was oil leaking from one of the fork seals. I will remember to clean above fork seals next time before I go in.
kr1-s c2
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

Got it fixed and it passed mot today. Was lucky though.. I had been spraying some wd40 around bike other day and he thought it was oil leaking from one of the fork seals. I will remember to clean above fork seals next time before I go in.
heres my wd40 saga............

lol i love wd40 last summer while wd_ing my kr this girl walked passed with with a low cut top and huge mammaries i guess i must of lost control of me wd cause as i tryed to brake at the end of my road the bike just carried on, just as a old guy on a c90 was coming down the road in a piss pot helmet (his face was a picture)how i missed him i dont now

still see him every now and again :oops:

bring on the summer \:D/
2 strokes our way of life :-)