CARBS

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
fevsisere
Heavy Smoker

CARBS

Post by fevsisere »

Ok.I have finally managed to get the engine running but a few minutes after shutting the choke off the engine dies.Put the choke on and its away.obviously fuel related but how.Have let it run on prime and it still does it.I wound out the pilot air screw as the carbs were not from the original engine and it did make a difference.How are they set up.Which clip is the needle supposed to be on and how far out does the air screw need to be.Its a KR1s
Cheers
Ian
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Sounds like a blocked jet in the carb not letting fuel though.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: CARBS

Post by JanBros »

fevsisere wrote:Ok.I have finally managed to get the engine running but a few minutes after shutting the choke off the engine dies.Put the choke on and its away.obviously fuel related but how.Have let it run on prime and it still does it.I wound out the pilot air screw as the carbs were not from the original engine and it did make a difference.How are they set up.Which clip is the needle supposed to be on and how far out does the air screw need to be.Its a KR1s
Cheers
Ian
carb problem, so the bike is too lean

very strange that it runs betther that way, 'cause on KR-carb's, when turning out the pilot air screw, you even make it more lean (the pilot air screw adjusts the amount iff air that goes in the mixture, and by turning it out, you let more air come into the mixture)
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !