Power Valve Motor ? CDI ?

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Power Valve Motor ? CDI ?

Post by the kid »

Have been trying to get a PV motor to work OK and have changed a CDI to check that .
After changing the CDI the motor cycled OK for a few times then refused to go .
Changed the PV motor and the next motor works so instal it . Same happens again . Works for a few times , cycles when turning the ignition on and off ...... then refuses to move :evil:
Repeated with a third motor and same again . Motor works a few times and then dies .

Could the CDI be killing the PV motors ???

Dont think the battery has full charge , but had enough to make each motor work for a while . Really have no idea .

Another strange one is that I have another CDI which when I hooked it up to test it out would cycle the motor (when they went ) but would cycle it 3 times and leave it in the open position .
IE starting at closed would open close and then open again :-k
Wierd
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Sounds to me like the battery isn't holding a charge, and is going flat. I had the same problem. Had to fit a new battery in the end, it was more noticeable on mine as I'm running total loss.

If the motor is cycling the wrong way then its missed its stop gone to the next one and now is in the wrong position. You might be able to save it by taking off the position sensor on the bottom of the motor and replacing it after turning the rotor 180 degrees, but from my experience it'll only happen again so best to just keep it as a spare.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk