Electric problems

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
Kaze
Light Smoker

Electric problems

Post by Kaze »

Hi guys.
The main reason in stator or CDI malfunction is the battery.
REPLACE YOUR BATTERY EVERY YEAR.If the battery is weak it will burn the stator ,coils and CDI.
I hope I help. :mrgreen:
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Electric problems

Post by JanBros »

Kaze wrote:Hi guys.
The main reason in stator or CDI malfunction is the battery.
REPLACE YOUR BATTERY EVERY YEAR.If the battery is weak it will burn the stator ,coils and CDI.
I hope I help. :mrgreen:
no you haven't.

I have KR's for more then 10 years, and never ever had a decent battery in it (it's not even good enough to light my neutral and oil light when I put on the ignition switch :mrgreen: ), is has absolutly no use, except maybe for cleaining the KIPS-valves for those woussies than don't dare to rev past 7.000 rpm :lol:
my broken battery stays in the bike, otherwise the excess current made by the generatro has no where to go to.

In my early years, I've had 2 broken stators, the one I'm using now is working perfectly for over 9 years now. I'm sure there were some( wrong choice off words maybe : "a lot" would be better :-k ) bad series stators, but if you've got a good one, it'll last :wink:

CDI's go busted 'cause off faulty regulators that sent too much current into them.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !