New coils to fix misfire?

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
Ex-LC
Smoker

New coils to fix misfire?

Post by Ex-LC »

I know it's been a while but I didn't get a chance to work on the bike over the summer.

I replaced the stator as suggested but this did not fix the misfiring problem (made it worse if anything).

I have now handed the bike over to my local bike shop and the mechanic reckons the fault lies in the coils.

Is this a common problem on KR1-S and if so where can I source replacements in good condition (I see a pair have just gone up on eBay)?

There was a discussion recently about using Suzuki coils but do they really work in the long term?

All help and advice gratefully received as always.

Neil
Bikeography: SS50, CB250-G, T500 (2-stroke), GT500 (2-stroke), TS185 (2-stroke), GS750, RD350LC (2-stroke), GT750, Guzzi V50, KR1-S (white), KR1-S (black)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

is it a miss fire on One side only? if so swap the leads around and try that, if the miss fire moves it could be the lead or the coil maybe even the cap.

The kr1 has a COIL not a pair under the reg (which is under the tank at the front)

Is your battery good? and have you had a go at cleanning the terminals...

And lastly is your mechanic any good? has he worked on strokers before? Becareful.
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)