Headlight and Loom

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Headlight and Loom

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Gents, as usual got the bike in bits again, fitted a different loom and cannot seem to get the headlight to work now.

I've looked on the wiring diagram and can't fathom out where the red/yellow wire on the pic below should go, according to the diagram one only red/yellow wire should go to the hi/lo beam switch on the handle bar, which it does, so where does this other one go? Have I got an adapted loom here or is this right, I'm sure that my other one didn't have this connector but can't check, as I savaged it for spare connectors and binned it.

Any help much appreciated as I hate electrics and I'm going to get severly frustrated with this :?
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

I think I have that same connector on my std loom and I have never known what it is for. Presumed it was a test connector. you mean the straight single connector I take it. oh I did have the headlight working the whole time as well.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Yeah, the red/yellow single female connector. Well if that's not it it's back to the drawing board :shock:
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

I would take a look at mine Mark, but it is not at here at the moment.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Cheers fellas, Kwak on think your right, I've managed to sort it, dodgy connector :oops: Hardly visible but should be able to repair it. Cliff, appreciate the offer.
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Dose your water temp gage work? That looks like the wire thats connected to my temp sender? but then my loom is all over the place with bits cut out!!! :shock:
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Temp gauge is fine, that's yellow/white, looks similar to that one but is definately different.
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

DOh! just couldnt see it in the pic! :D
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

F*ck me... very clean loom

Im just about to start cleaning mine up.... So questions???

Anyone know where I can get some heat shrink that will slip over the connectors, but shrink down to the wire...

Cheers

Nate
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Re wrapped all that one, went and got some expensive tape from an electricians place and used self amalgamating tape on the ends, soldered up any dodgy bits before, not saying it's perfect but better than what I had. Used some heatshrink in places got it from the same electricians place.
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

wipe it down with a rag soaked in wd40 or suchlike....n i'll look at work tomorrow...think i've got a bag at work... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

mr_bungholeo wrote:wipe it down with a rag soaked in wd40 or suchlike....n i'll look at work tomorrow...think i've got a bag at work... :D
Hi mate....

Tried the WD40 solution... Some barstard has been over it with insulation tape... so this just peels off cos the WD 40 attacks the glue...

If you have some from work, that would be superb... Add another beer to the list of what I owe everyone :D

Nate
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

your best bet then is to go over the loom again with electrical tape over the top n it'll look new.....got some shrink wrap but not very big...sizes from about 5mm shrinking down to 1mm..any good? mainly for joining wires...

could probably order some if you pm the size.... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
nate
Heavy Smoker

Post by nate »

Hi mate,..

Thanks for the offer but 5mm dia just sounds too small... I've seen some on the web... 25mm dia that will shrink down tight... But... Wait for it...

Yep you guessed it, they dont sell to the public... :( :( :(

Well, will see how is goes with the insulation tape... it just sounds a bit tacky :shock:

let ya know

cheers

Nate
alanw
Oil Injector

Post by alanw »

Nate, Have a look at AES. ( google it) They do a lot of interesting connectors, shrink wrap. I use them (pukka solder/crimp conn) Thats crimp not chimp. :lol:
Two in every one of us is Schiz-oo phrenic

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Gis the loan of your face I want to worry this rat