lights, indicators and all things electric

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
scooble
Premix Junkie

lights, indicators and all things electric

Post by scooble »

I have just put my KR1 together after being apart for a long time.
when I swotch on the ignition, the turn light stays lit and when I switch the lights on, the indicator relay buzzes.
I also noticed that at the back of the idiot light panel, there are two windows for the turn bulbs (left and right), however, there is only only one turn bulb in the loom.
Can someone please tell me if there should be two lights for the turn signal in the console or one?
Also, has anyone got a front loom they want to sell, as I suspect that mine might be faulty.

I also haven't got the powervalves to cycle yet, so I suspect that either the motor or the CDI may be shot, but haven't had a chance to test either of them yet........I HATES electrics!!
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

there is just one signal indicator I think, lights swopped with indicators somewhere.
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Mine only has one light for both turn signals .. one of the wee idiot light spaces has nothing in it at all on mine which i thought strange at the time. I had a load of crap with electrics / indicators etc and what fixed mine was changing fuses (they looked fine but werent) and checking battery connections.
kr1-s c2
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

yup only one bulb for the indicators...n yep my fuse for the headlight was scrap..looks ok but give the ends a twist n one endcap pulled off...not soldered anymore to the fuse wire inside....(bloody electrics...grrr. :evil: )
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)