Temp Guage

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
Steely
Heavy Smoker

Temp Guage

Post by Steely »

Hi

Temp guage has stoped working, changed guage for one that i know works, changed sender for a new one, power is getting through because the illuminating bulb comes on with the lights.
Has anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks, Tony
bsa
Light Smoker

Re: Temp Guage

Post by bsa »

Steely wrote:Hi

Temp guage has stoped working, changed guage for one that i know works, changed sender for a new one, power is getting through because the illuminating bulb comes on with the lights.
Has anybody got any ideas?

Many thanks, Tony

hi tony i had that problem all it was was the temp sensor that screws in under head ,i had one the same on an old h***a mtx head, an that was problem solved this might be your problem or a bad wire that connects to the sensor

good luck bsa
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

The light is on a different circuit to the actual temperature gauge so I would check for power on the other connections
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

the std gauge is reasonably ok when working although not as good as it could be. rather than buy another one of dubious condition (15-18yr old plus the fact its not brilliant) gat a nifty digital one or better still a scisu race temp gauge (analog) i think they fit in the std pod. there about 30 quid and are much more accurate. thats if you have no joy in getting the oe fixed.
KwakOn
Oil Injector

Post by KwakOn »

I got a scitsu gauge, it is a smaller diameter than the standard one.
LotusSevenMan
Heavy Smoker

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Can you check the gauge function by earthing out the sender feed with the resultant full deflection on the gauge?
LSM
If it ain't broke; fix it 'till it is!

KR1 250 twin 1989 vintage
H*nda FireStorm 996cc 'V' twin
Royal Enfield 500cc single
Ducati Stealth 748 'L' twin (748 but with a 916 engine in place instead!!!)