pick up exciter coil

Dodgy Kips motor? CDI? battery? diode? reg/rect? its all gobbledygook to me but some people understand it ask tham a question here
c&c
Smoker

Re: pick up exciter coil

Post by c&c » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 am

A friend of mine contacted Electrex a couple of weeks ago about a stator for a Suzuki and they couldn't give him any info like output etc of their product..😲

I think i read in one of the mags of two brothers who built a bike for their dad in their flat from parts..They had some fun getting it out of there...
Your life style determines your death style

NOSHER
Smoker

Post by NOSHER » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm

ok try this for good business sense--an ebay supplier with a LARGE star rating for selling aftermarket ignition coils could not give me the primary and secondary readings(done statically)of an ignition coil because the did not even possess a basic Multitester!! THEY SAID "You buy it and test it when you get it and if its not in spec,send it back for a refund but you have to pay the return postage.(err--Customer service--what?--30 seconds with a multitester you can give the customer the answer to their question-----how do these Ebaysellers retain their star rating?
TRUE STORY--in 1961 i was 17--(all right cut the jokes about crumblies) and i helped my brothers friend "collect"parts and between us we built that bike slowly upstairs in his small bedroom in his parent`s house until it was complete.we even started the engine right there--much jumping up and down on the kickstart and jiggling the advance and retard lever--with that old house i`m surprised that it did not go through those creaky floorboards into the kitchen below(the house had been hit by a bomb in WW2 and "JERRY rebuilt" after the hostilities).
Yes you got it--we took it all apart again--carried it bit by bit downstairs to the back garden and reassembled it all over again.I was 8 stone dripping wet in those days and as a reward for my help Grog(bike owner) let me be the first to ride it round the block with no insurance/ tax/crash hat/goggles/ boots and, my friend, that was the first time i ever got to ride a--- BSA Gold Star DB34 500cc single(70 mph in first gear)those were the days.
Thats a true story a bit long and drawn out but prob a bit better read than the Sunday
paper maybe????
snowing like mad here for last 7 hours how is it in the land of the "black stuff"with you?
YOU GET MORE POKES WITH TWOSTROKES !!

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30

NOSHER
Smoker

Post by NOSHER » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:46 pm

oh and i sent Elextrex two emails as to supplying or making a pickup coil for the KR and not even the courtesy of a reply to either of them. :evil:

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30

500bernie
Premix Junkie

Post by 500bernie » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Some companies have no idea about customer service, many many moons ago I blew up my S3, thrashing it back home from Leicester (Barcol tuning) where I had been to get it measured up for a set of spannies) dreaded K&N airfilter fell off, and it ended up with all three pistons at tdc.
I bought a set of new barrels from Cradley and they sent them cash on delivery, don't think that would happen now.
I have used Cradley ever since. ......customer service pays.
2 Firecracker Red and Grey C3s

c&c
Smoker

Post by c&c » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:17 pm

NOSHER wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm
ok try this for good business sense--an ebay supplier with a LARGE star rating for selling aftermarket ignition coils could not give me the primary and secondary readings(done statically)of an ignition coil because the did not even possess a basic Multitester!! THEY SAID "You buy it and test it when you get it and if its not in spec,send it back for a refund but you have to pay the return postage.(err--Customer service--what?--30 seconds with a multitester you can give the customer the answer to their question-----how do these Ebaysellers retain their star rating?
TRUE STORY--in 1961 i was 17--(all right cut the jokes about crumblies) and i helped my brothers friend "collect"parts and between us we built that bike slowly upstairs in his small bedroom in his parent`s house until it was complete.we even started the engine right there--much jumping up and down on the kickstart and jiggling the advance and retard lever--with that old house i`m surprised that it did not go through those creaky floorboards into the kitchen below(the house had been hit by a bomb in WW2 and "JERRY rebuilt" after the hostilities).
Yes you got it--we took it all apart again--carried it bit by bit downstairs to the back garden and reassembled it all over again.I was 8 stone dripping wet in those days and as a reward for my help Grog(bike owner) let me be the first to ride it round the block with no insurance/ tax/crash hat/goggles/ boots and, my friend, that was the first time i ever got to ride a--- BSA Gold Star DB34 500cc single(70 mph in first gear)those were the days.
Thats a true story a bit long and drawn out but prob a bit better read than the Sunday
paper maybe????
snowing like mad here for last 7 hours how is it in the land of the "black stuff"with you?
Something tells me you could write a book with your experiences..😊
Snow forcast here but we didn't get a drop..
Cold out in the garage though but did have a few cans of the black stuff to get me through..( any excuse ).)☻

c&c
Smoker

Post by c&c » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:28 pm

500bernie wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:53 pm
Some companies have no idea about customer service, many many moons ago I blew up my S3, thrashing it back home from Leicester (Barcol tuning) where I had been to get it measured up for a set of spannies) dreaded K&N airfilter fell off, and it ended up with all three pistons at tdc.
I bought a set of new barrels from Cradley and they sent them cash on delivery, don't think that would happen now.
I have used Cradley ever since. ......customer service pays.
I think i"ll try that c.o.d.idea on a set of barrells.😉

NOSHER
Smoker

Post by NOSHER » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Bernie--you`ll get no argument from me as far as "customer service pays"--only thing is i think the only person who gets the "pays" is the seller these days !!!

C.C Thanks for the bigup on the Literery skills but i`m afraid at 73 a lot off the memories are somewhere in the misty past and its only comments like yours that awaken a few.
Oh and be careful of the black stuff --you may end up liking it.

Thanks for your posts guys much appreciated when i am stuck in the flat and can`t get down the garage to twirl a few spanners or switch on a couple of Multi testers hehe
And another really BIG bigup for the guy who patiently for weeks emailed me with the secrets of the dark art of reading a Wiring Diagram and how a CDI ignition system works
is member BOZBRIDGE-- Thanks hugely fella.

KRI
CBR250RR
CBR400RR NC23
vfr400 nc30

bozbridge
Oil Injector

Post by bozbridge » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Now then Nosher, happy to help & I'm glad you've got the problems ironed out.. hope you're feeling a bit better as well, sounds like you've been through it a bit! Email whenever you like, let me know how you're getting on.