Brake Pad Help Please

Braking issues
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Brake Pad Help Please

Post by the kid »

Can anyone help me track down HH pads for my KR-1 . All the larger companys don't make HH pads for the 1 , or at least supply in AUS . Have tried the importers of EBC , Ferodo , Goodridge and SBS , with no luck .
The brakeing is very "wooden" feeling with my new discs and Ferodo platinum pads . Want more feel and bite . The new rotors are suposed to be made up from "bivalloy" if that helps .
Cheers Billy
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

check my sig and contact paddockstand. I know they can get you any pad but I've no idea how much it'll cost to ship it to Aus. email them from the web site and ask.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

Thanks for the tips elf . You mentiomed that the "s" brakes are excellent , but if I change the lower leg on the forks it opens up a can of worms from what I have read here , what with different spindle size etc etc .
With the "s" calipers I asume you would then have to change the master cyclinder as well . Plus I would then need larger discs to suit the "s" fork lower and calipers :roll:
Since I have just shelled out $400.00 for new 280mm discs I don't feel too cashed up to start again .

I certainly will be adding braided lines asap and will use Motul RBF600 fluid .

Any thoughts on using a different master cylinder ? Maybe one from the "s" ?

HH pads are easily available here for "s" calipers .

Decisions decisions :roll:
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

the kid wrote:HH pads are easily available here for "s" calipers .
If you can get rear ones they are the same as the front on a KR-1

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
KR1 Man
Oil Injector

Master Cylinders.

Post by KR1 Man »

KR1 man calling. Hi, My KR1 (Sleeping Beauty) came fitted with a KR1-s master cylinder coupled with what appeared to be a KR1 rear brake reservoir, mounted via the r/h top yoke clamp, using a standard (other unknown Kawasaki model) holding bracket with a cap retaining clamp attatched.This was done to avoid changing the top yoke for a '1s'version. Despite the reservoir being held at a peculiar angle (that partially obscured the r/h indicator idiot light), it is suprisingly effective, and is actually better than the standard KR1 unit, which I obtained/refurbished/fitted & trialled for comparison purposes. After about 100 miles, I ended up re-fitting the KR1-S unit , coupled with Goodridge braided hoses and DOT 5 fluid, and sold the '1' unit via E-bay to recover my costs. Hope this info is of help, the KR1-s m.cyl is definitley the better of the two and would highly reccomend anybody to do the same. Best regards & happy 12k powerbanding, KR1 Man. 8)
RD350 LC YPVS. Also grandson Declan's KR1 with ZXR black/purple paintjob/ KR1-s upgrades and max polishing
the kid
Heavy Smoker

Post by the kid »

Thanks KR-1Man , will check this out .