disc bolts

Braking issues
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

disc bolts

Post by SP_BOTT »

Hi did a search which came with a few results, are there alternative disc bolts available at a reasonable price, I don't really like stainless, but just wonderd if another manufacturers fit, have to be aware of the shoulder on this bike, (unlike the RD's I'm used to)

If there are none I will start to replate mine, as they aren't in too bad a condition, I'm not paying £5 per bolt either :) any one got an alternative please?
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

I wonder if you could use standard button head bolts but with a small tube over the thread to make up the shoulder :-k
Can it yer old boiler
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

the heads are low profile so the shoulder gives a bit of space for the socket recess
on a technical note, the shoulder carries SHEAR force from the rotor to the hub.
The threading process causes stress raising effectively weaking the design (of a round bar)
so the best design is a thicker shoulder carrying the shear not across the threads...

...however alot of standard (older) Yamaha ones (and BMW, some h***a front and Aprilia, Ducatis - see Probolt profiles) have NO shoulder and have no problems

but if you had the choice why not stainless - rotor bolts are in a corrosion prone area - seized rotor bolts is common problem

http://www.tastynuts.com/file.php?filen ... _Bolts.pdf

if you use Probolt theyre on £4.39 each =; cheaper than Ti :-k