Wavy disks

Braking issues
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/35276 ... C909_.html

They look pretty but nobody I know races with them.
Will they still look pretty buried in the back of a car?

If your stock brakes are lacking I suggest you get them overhauled and check your pad material.

Kawasaki always go parts bin with their stuff. KR brakes were used on ZXR400, ZX6, ZXR750, ZX9, ZX1100 the last one weighs twice what a KR does and will go about 60mph faster.

I went PFM for racing but now am back on stock - well stock KR-1 brakes squeezed by TZ250 calipers :D
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

why you back on std discs mark? is it a compatabilty/fit problem with the pfms/tz forks+calipers? the brakes on the kr are awesome when there tip top, they, like you said mark used em on much heavier and faster bikes for a good few years. aside from spending money on pfm ect, id go with a good radial m/c,performance pads and calipers in tip top cond. another good cheap option is certain newer h***a/suzuki calipers. cheaper than overhauling std stuff. std discs are pricy so if there knackered and the wavy ones are cheap then it may be a good option, esp if there about as good as stock. i wouldnt fit them for the sake of improved performance if what i have is good mind. in fact, i could do with some good discs. last year at a td i ran one disc ie 1/2 std setup as one of my discs warped badly and i still passed almost everyone i passed, on the brakes at the end of the back straight at cadwell.thats how good the std stuff is albeit with brembo m/c. a fully working proper stock setup is more than enough for most of us. the suspension however...
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

TZ runs 290mm discs same as KR-1 which is why I have changed.
KR-1 discs are lighter than a light thing and so far no problem with warping....
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

wavey brake disk rotors from china

Post by KR-1R »

how they look on Labia Pink...

For dia320 rotors: 1400 gram per rotor - Brembos weighed in at 1600g each (save 400g total)
25% of the price of Brembos (that I can now flick on)
25%-50% price of others (we dont get as much choice down under)

So for a limited budget and road use - or to preserve your original Kwak ones they suit me (Can now splash out on some Pro-Bolt goodness and get rid of the warping Yam ones)

"We can offer some motorcycles parts like Disc brake, Wheel hub, Wheel rim, alloy wheel, Shock absorber, Speedmeter etc.
Welcome to visit our factory and deal with us! We can manufacture any type of brake discs according to drawing."

...be nice to get the Rears made for the KR - ZXR250 riders are always crying out for them
Last edited by KR-1R on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.