Back brake things..

Braking issues
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Back brake things..

Post by vector74 »

Hi,

Was out on kr1-s bike and now know just how crap my back brake is. I got another used/good back disk (old was screwed) and some new back pads. I took off caliper bolts and removed old pads.. what ive discovered and probably the reason for the back brake being so crap is one of the pistons was jammed solid with rust/crap (bike never ran for years) I disconnected caliper from brake line and put caliper in a vice.. got the stuck piston to move and now its fully in again. Basically I want to make sure the pistons are moving proper before putting pads in. I reconnected brake line but now when back brake pedal is pushed the pistons dont move at all (not even the one that was free) I assume its full of air now and needs bleeding.. been looking at my caliper and manual and they look different.. I have uploaded my pic (bit blurry) here ..

To me it doesnt really have them 2 bits at manual or at least it looks different. Im thinking maybe T3 in manual pic below is actually the screw in my pic above ? ?

Now im wondering how to bleed the thing.. what is that screw in my caliper and what is that rubber bit for ? Behind/inside that rubber bit is just solid metal. Any idea ?

Thanks
kr1-s c2
sprocket stu
Heavy Smoker

caliper

Post by sprocket stu »

the screw thing looks like the remains of your bleed nipple
the rubber thing is part of the floating caliper workings

the whole thing looks fubar'd and needs to be filed in the circular file :?
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

I thought something was weird. The screw in my pic should really be a bleed nipple then that is T3 in manual ? ie someone has just put a screw in to replace it ? I can take that screw out no problem and its not threaded. Could I buy a replacement bleed nipple to put in again ?

The rubber bit is nothing really i need to touch ?

What needs filed ?

Thanks for help.
kr1-s c2
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Bleed nipples should be easily obtainable, even one from a car might fit. Not sure what kind of lunatic would replace one with a screw?
mj43
Premix Junkie

Post by mj43 »

Send me a fiver to cover postage and I will send you a servicable rear caliper (got enough lying around). That one looks like it is past it and is plain dangerous.

MJ
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

lol Cliff.. the same lunatic that has bolloxed just about every other part, its pretty amazing.. mj43 I have sent you a pm.
kr1-s c2
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Cliff wrote:Bleed nipples should be easily obtainable, even one from a car might fit. Not sure what kind of lunatic would replace one with a screw?
Tell you what Cliff, think the same guy owned Yam 350f2, I've just got a box of asstd calipers and one of those was the same, then nicely bodged with another hole drilled in the caliper body and a plain bolt used as a bleed nipple, a nice piece of mechanical sympathy I thought. :shock:
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

:lol: :lol: :lol: . It's not as if bleed nipples are hard to find :roll: .

W-n-k-rs!!!
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Its annoying alright. The oil sump and water bolts were totally rounded.. someone must of put them back on knowing full well they were rounded as they didnt get like that on their own. grrr heheh
kr1-s c2
Cliff
Premix Junkie

Post by Cliff »

Adjustable spanners. The bodgers tool.
rockerted
Heavy Smoker

Post by rockerted »

red devil, as a true follower of real football ( i.e. THE REAL REDS) the man who invented proper soccer BILL SHANKLEY. i,ll leave it to u to figure out ...ted :lol: :lol:
remember, you can strap a monkey to a rocket, but that won,t make it a pilot..
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Ted,
don't want to 'fall out' with you but......................................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

You can tell the real Man U fans....they dont live in the county?!!!?
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Salford born, Corky I'm no out of town, johny come lately. Season ticket holder in the 80/90s, done my time home and away (not the soap :lol: )So living all of 34 miles from Old Trafford makes me a glory hunter :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bikemike
Premix Junkie

Post by Bikemike »

Yes it does. :D
Need Break down cover? P.m. me.