brake advice for racing (kr1)

Braking issues
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

brake advice for racing (kr1)

Post by mgtkr1 »

as ive been busy with other bits n peices i have not yet had chance to think about what front end to use, let alone get one so im sticking with std kr1 until next year. what i want to know is what are the best poss pads to use for racing? i only have to do one meeting and a handful of trackdays before changing the whole front end so may as well get 100% performance out of best performinbg pads. the thing with pads is the better they are, the less they last which isnt a problem. thanks in advance
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

i use carbon loraine(white/race) in my r1...last feck all but stops on a penny..didn't think the kr1s has a problem stopping..if your after a 1s front end ive got one....make me an offer as i dont need em but may need the seals changed as they hav'nt been used for a year.... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

ta bung, ive got a 1s front but im usin that on my other bike, ''budget racer'' aka track hound!! ive a couple of kr1 fronts aswell, one on my bike and t'other may go on the yamagamma. the scrawny forks/comedy size tyres on that thing + 65hp is bloody frightening. good fun mind!. tbh, i think the kr1 brakes very well although not as good as the 1s. anyway im due new pads and may aswell make best of it. i have a diffrent master cyl (fzr) braided hoses and keep fresh fluid in her and compared to the afformentioned y'gamma it stops brilliantly. and has rock steady handling despete the high rear ride height. who said the kr was twitchy? a dream in comparison. are the carbon loraine pads available for the kr1? how much are they anyone? thanks mr b for the pointer.
dirk
Heavy Smoker

Post by dirk »

hi

you can find carbon lorraine pads for the kr1 here:
http://www.carbonelorraine-moto.com/bin ... 1494&lg=uk

Dirk
KR-1S 1990
RG500 1987
RGV 250 1992
TZR250 (2MA) 1987