them bleeding kr1 calipers!! (i wish)!!

Braking issues
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

them bleeding kr1 calipers!! (i wish)!!

Post by mgtkr1 »

having cleaned my calipers up a bit it came to fitting/bleeding them, fitting took all of half hour, bleeding, well this was 3 day ago! :evil: are they all this reluctant because mate had same prob with same model(b2). any ideas? cheers matt :oops:
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

they can be a bit of a pain when you completely drain the system.
i used to tap the lines and all connectors when i'd shut the bleed nipple. start from the caliper your doing and work your way up,it does make a difference.
alternatively get a bleed gun thingy, they suck the fluid into the caliper rather than squirting it in from the master cylinder.
have you done the tieing the lever to the bar trick and leeving it overnight?
that usually helps a bit.
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Or rather than a bleed gun thingy, reverse bleed them, big syringe and put brake fluid in through bleed nipple.

With the tying the brake lever back overnight one, run a pipe from bleed nipple to master cylinder, either of them normally works for me.
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

cheers, tryed most of the tricks you mentioned, i went in the shed earlier and the caliper on one side was wet with fluid! i reckon the substance i used to clean calipers up has attacked the rubber seals!! doh, used thinners(industrial stuff) so should of known better, oh well spose im a twit :oops: :idea: :?:
Mohawk
Light Smoker

Post by Mohawk »

Best to bleed them off the discs, just put something slightly wider than the disc between the pads & tape in place, then raise the caliper so the bleed nipple is at the very top. Most bleed nipples are not at the top point so make the air difficult to remove !
Half a KR-1S, well the front anyway :)