Rear brake torque arm

Braking issues
DougB
Oil Injector

Rear brake torque arm

Post by DougB »

At the MoT the bike had an advisory, play in rear brake torque arm front rose joint. I've read a couple of posts warning about the mounting bolts snapping so I'm going to replace those with high tensile but has anyone any advice on refurbing/replacing the rose joints before I go trawling the internet to try and find replacements? Or if anyone has had to buy some and can recommend a supplier?

Cheers, Doug.
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Re: Rear brake torque arm

Post by SP_BOTT »

I had a similar problem, see this thread

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6786

Isn't the bolt a 'special' shouldered one? can't remember exactly whether its the front or rear though, sorry
500bernie
Avgas Sniffer

Post by 500bernie »

The bolt is shouldered (and NLA)

But if you ask Rich (Boggy) he may be able to help out with the bolt.

Cheers
Bernie :)
Firecracker Red and Grey C3 300
DougB
Oil Injector

Post by DougB »

Cheers Bernie, think that's the rear bolt though that mounts the arm to the calliper hanger? It's the front that's gone on mine, mounts the arm to the chassis.

I tried to strip it. The front tie rod end is ok, but it's the wrong bolt through it and that's why there's so much play. That bolt's still available so it'll be an order to Cradleys!

Sadly the rear torque arm bolt won't come out, it's seized into the rose joint but I can turn it so it's not seized in the alloy hanger. I put the nut back on, stuck a new split pin through and decided to think about that one another day :x I'll see if Rich can help out with a replacement bolt for when I finally get it apart.