rear brake

Braking issues
bob64bob
Smoker

rear brake

Post by bob64bob »

i have had the rear wheel off today to put a new disc on, put it all together had a run, noticed the rear disc was very hot, so had a closer look, the pad that fits inside the mounting bracket was not in correct and was stuck and binding , dismantled and resembled had another look and the pad looks like its only 1mm inside the metal mounting bracket which looks unsafe so i looked at the wheel spacers (top hats) , looked on the parts fiche online and as i read it the 14mm spacer goes on the sprocket side and 11.5 mm on the disc side, mine was like this but looking at the brake pad looks so wrong, so i have now swapped the wheel spacers over so it pushes the wheel over 3 to 4 mm towards the sprocket side and now the pad fits perfectly inside the bracket and has no chance of coming out.

now i have the 11.5mm spacer on the sprocket side and it looks safe and correct
so am i reading the diagram wrong or is the fiche wrong or am i wrong #-o
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Re: rear brake

Post by JanBros »

is your chain running straight ? that would be my main concern.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
bob64bob
Smoker

Re: rear brake

Post by bob64bob »

JanBros wrote:is your chain running straight ? that would be my main concern.
thanks for help
janbros

i would find it hard to notice a couple of mm but will double check again tomorrow but i would say it looks straight but if i put them back as they were the pad looks as it could jump out and wedge which concerns me, which is the correct way for the spacers ?