Brake disc suppliers - Listed/Compared

Braking issues
Xirious

Brake disc suppliers - Listed/Compared

Post by Xirious »

Hi,

I'm in need of front and rear disc for my KR 1 B from 1989.
I searched the internet and came up with below results, what should I go for ?
Although I did not really search for EBC, it seems there are not many other suppliers left.
Someone has any experience with these suppliers and or disc types?
Perhaps other manufacturers that can be added to the list?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

FRONT [*]Allbikeengeneering refurb

REAR
BTW Are there any other bikes that use the same disc as original KR1 B, perhaps other models are still easier to obtain and thus cheaper to purchase.
James P
Oil Injector

Re: Brake disc suppliers - Listed/Compared

Post by James P »

Here in Australia, MetalGear did manufacture replacement brake discs, but have seemingly discontinued them (demand too low, I think). Thus, due to the difficulty in obtaining replacement front discs, I'm working on a single-front-disc conversion for the KR-1 (using more common parts) in my spare time. As I haven't got a great deal of spare time :roll: , progress has been slow (I've got all the bits - just have to assemble them, then make an adaptor bracket for the four-piston caliper). As far as my research has told me up to now, there is no direct replacement front disc for the KR-1 from another bike.

For the rear disc, the ZZR250 disc is identical but the diameter is 10mm larger (if I remember correctly). I haven't yet checked, but it may be possible to fit this disc with no (or only slight) modification.

I'm not sure if this info is of any use to you, but let us know if you get anywhere!

Regards,
James
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Re: Brake disc suppliers - Listed/Compared

Post by headcoats »

Tourmax Brake discs which are made in Japan are reduced on fleabay for £109 a pair !
Can it yer old boiler