Front fork mod

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Front fork mod

Post by ScottaKR »

About to rebuild the forks on my KR1, and looking for some input as to what works well. In particular, I was wondering if anyone has tried the mod mentioned in "Harmen's Hints" on MJ's site.
Harmen wrote: the trick is to increase the bump damping by drilling new 3.5 mm holes and shutting the excisting one in the rods(weld) . the aluminium hydraulic locks must be machines down in size so they only work the last 10 or 5 mm or so .
I know that USD's would of coarse be miles better but they are waaaaaay out of my budget for this bike, so I'm trying to get the best out of what I have.

Cheers, Scott.
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)
andy b
Heavy Smoker

forks

Post by andy b »

Hi, i dont know what the availability of usd forks are in Auz but you can buy a pair of zxr 400l forks with yolks on ebay uk for £100.00 :)
P.S. IF MJ SAYS IT WORKS THEN IT WILL WORK!
ScottaKR
Premix Junkie

Re: forks

Post by ScottaKR »

andy b wrote:Hi, i dont know what the availability of usd forks are in Auz but you can buy a pair of zxr 400l forks with yolks on ebay uk for £100.00 :)
P.S. IF MJ SAYS IT WORKS THEN IT WILL WORK!
I'm not questioning MJ at all here (I wouldn't dare question a person with his experience). It's a mod performed by a person he was in contact with, and he dosn't mention actually ever doing it himself. Hence the query.

USD forks sell for an absurd amount over here (easily over 3 times what your paying), and ZXR400's are pretty damn uncommon so they're even worse when they do pop up.
It'd probably be cheaper to get a set imported from the UK than to get them local. :roll:
KR250 Tandem Twin (Naked) :mrgreen:
KR1 Red/White
KR1S Track Bike (has been put on hold for now)
ZXR750 H1 (Winter project)