KR1S swingarm needle bearing dimensions

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Charles
Premix Junkie

KR1S swingarm needle bearing dimensions

Post by Charles »

Has anyone got these?

I've bought a KR1S swingarm fitted with KR1 bearings and spindle. I'd like to buy the correct KR1S needle bearings, but I don't know the exact dimensions of them....

thanks,
Charles
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

i think i still have my old ones in the garage ill check today for you mate
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

thanks very much Lee! :D
Ian_B
Heavy Smoker

Post by Ian_B »

Charles,

The ones on mine are:

28mm inside diameter
34mm outside diameter
17mm width

I think you can you either Koyo BM2817 or BM2834

Ian
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

thanks Ian, now I know what to look for! :D

Charles
SHimmer45
Premix Junkie

Post by SHimmer45 »

the old ones i have i binned mate sorry :oops:
94 GPz500S
KR1-S Project
KR1 donor
NOS EXUP
Heavy Smoker

Post by NOS EXUP »

Hi Charles ,

Think this one was done some time ago and as i said then you must buy original kwak if the original is a full compliment needle bearing as these are specials and take significantly higher loads than the caged off the shelf equivilent sized bearings.

pm Martin he has just done his with oe.

cheers
Nick
martin
Premix Junkie

Post by martin »

nos exup is right on this one,[only use oe bearings on the swinging arm] i know they are different than pattern ones [full compliment as nick says] as i changed mine
current bikes
fully restored green/white kr1 b2
Charles
Premix Junkie

Post by Charles »

Thanks Nick/Martin,

I've found out they're specials myself and ordered them from my local Kwak dealer. :D

Charles
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Just dragging this thread up again rather than another question, can anyone help with part numbers for the swingarm bearings please.

I need to order some, as I believe the replacements are not suitable?? unless anyone knows different or they have become available?
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

SP the part No is 92046-1111.

I Fitted OE bearings to our KR1S but the are just Koyo bearings.I have a good bearing supplier near me and he supplies Koyo as well as others.

It's his opinion and I have to say I agree with him that the OE bearing will be no better than one from a good quality manufacturer.Koyo being one of them.

It's up to you but you can pay twice as much for exactly the same bearing.

Do you need any other part No's mate.
"Turned out nice again"
SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Thanks pablo, do you have the other bearing part number please, tried a bearing factors just now, and they couldn't get them, they told me to get OEM stuff, as it would be cheaper than them sourcing them.

Has anyone managed to get a replacement, that wasn't from Kawasaki? and anyone remember how much for all four swingarm bearings?? will give the dealer a ring tomorrow and get a price, does anyone give a slight discount/sponsor the site?? ie, who do I call? :)
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Hi SP I called in at the bearing suppliers yesterday the chap I spoke to could'nt source them.

It seems Koyo are supplying Kawasaki only.This is one occasion when you are going to have to bight the bullet and order them from Kawasaki.

You could try Z power they have collected together a lot of NOS items over the years and I think we get some discount :-k

I'm not sure which other bearing your talking about :?
"Turned out nice again"
tescr500
Oil Injector

hi

Post by tescr500 »

Hi i got this little lot from cmsl.com, cost a small fortune but its all genuine, from the top carb manifolds, swing arm bearings and end caps, then bottom 2 rows the suspesion knuckle bearings and seals, took a little while to come about 3 to 4 weeks in total, never tried a dealer over here might have been cheaper who knows hope this helps i'll provide a link to the kr1 section cheers wayne.

http://www.cmsnl.com/kawasaki-kr250_model12470/

OH A QUESTION PLEASE ALL THE STEEL SLEEVES FOR THE BEARINGS ABOVE MAINLY SUSPENSION AS I HAVE A SWING ARM SLEEVE, I TAKE IT OEM FOR THESE WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA OR DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PLACE IN UK I CAN GET SLEEVES FROM CHEERS WAYNE.
PS sorry to hijack your post cheers wayne.

SP_BOTT
Oil Injector

Post by SP_BOTT »

Thakns, thats very helpful, forgot about them, but how do the part numbers tie up as they are all different to the microfische on ther site?, and every bearing appears to be 92046??? I need the two small bearings that fit on the underside of the swinger, as well as the two main swingarm bearings (92046-1110) so do I order 92046-1111 instead?