front wheel fitting

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
pablo
Premix Junkie

front wheel fitting

Post by pablo »

At the risk of sounding like a complete gonk will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong [-o<
I'm fitting the front wheel new bearings discs,old spindle spacer,speedo drive.
When I tighten the sleeved nut onto the spindle the wheel tightens in the forks ie wont turn freely thats before I've touched the pinch bolts on the fork legs.I've checked the parts michrofiche and it all looks right :? but obviously summit is'nt so I've had to drop tools and come and have a beer before I bust something
Many thanks Paul :?
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

paul at the risk of sounding like a gonk myself i think it may be the speedo drive however i have a 400 front in mine with no drive gear but still use the speedo drive spacer. have u tried this as the gear might not be in correct, just clutching at straws mate.
ade
just having the inspirational beer now myself. :wink:
on the pipe!!!
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

haven't forgotten the big bush/spacer between the bearrings inside the wheel ?

if you forget that one, you'll push the inner rings off the bearrings to each other and thus putting tention on the bearring-balls.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
KR-1R
Premix Junkie

Post by KR-1R »

yeah

:P does the wheel make a loud clunking sound when you shake it???? :oops:

more than likely a problem with fitment of the speedo drive or where it notches into the recess of the fork lower
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

I'm not going to get chance to look at it again till friday,but I know the spacer is inside.
I think its the speedo drive although it is sitting in the notch,I've got a suspision that the dog that drives the speedo is wrong cos the wheel was tight when we brought it home and I've uncovered some top quality codging already.
It'd be a big help if some one could post the measurements of one,I'd know if it was right then.
Cheers Paul
spannerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by spannerman »

paul pm me your address and when you will be in at the weekend or fri night and ill pop my old one over if its any use its yours.
ade.
on the pipe!!!
pablo
Premix Junkie

Post by pablo »

Cracked the case :lol: Got home from work earlier that I thought so I went out to have a kook at the job and I was thinking about what Janbros had said about the spacer.I knew it was in but I had some non KR stuff done at the platers at the same time and thought oh 5h17 what if I've put the wrong one in :oops:
So I took everything out measured the spacer 72.5mm thats right,bearing right,so wtf :-k
Looked inside and the spacer side bearing seat had powder coat on,just the seat not all the bearing housing.so I took it off with the dremmell refitted every thing and its cock on :lol: spun the wheel went inside to get a beer and it was still spinnin when i came back :lol:
A thickness of powder coat :?:if thats what it was :?: don't know why am so pleased cos a nearly went nuts on monday \:D/
Thanks to all
Ade I'll PM you anyway...................Paul