Fork oil levels????

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
Kr1stofer
Smoker

Fork oil levels????

Post by Kr1stofer »

Im confused, (not hard these days...).

In my workshop manual 1S supplement section the previous owner, which was a bike shop, has crossed out the stated filling levels and written next to them a new figure of 336ml of 10w oil when changing the fluid per fork.

I am using WP springs with 80mm spacers as per the instructions and am only using for road use.

oh, and im 12.5 stone (if it makes any difference)?

I have read a few threads on here and 355ml - 400ml has been mentioned but i dont really want to be playing around with fluid levels too much - i just want to get it on the road asap........

HELP!!!!

p.s - i am using 10w oil for the change

Ta very much.....
Team Issac Hunt Racing
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

putting in other springs usualy means that you have another amount off oil.

the amount off oil determines the air-chambre in the top off your fork-leg.
adding more oil will make your spring harder, but not all the way :idea: first mm's off suspension travel won't make a difference, but the more it's compressed, the harder it's effect will be ('cause a smaller air-chamber is harder to compress).

so when you buy after market springs, there always tell you what kind off oil, and how many you need. might be the same, but mostly it's different.

anyway : it's something you can play with, just like rebound and compression-settings. it doesn't have to be exactly what's described in the manual :idea:
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !