Rebound pressure

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
rudolf

Rebound pressure

Post by rudolf »

I’ve got a question about the rear suspension of my Kawasaki KR1S. I’m new on this forum, and I’m a Dutchman so I’ll start by apologize for my bad English :P. The rebound of the rear shock of my KR1S is very soft and I can’t set it any harder with the adjusting screw on the gas bottle. I’ve measured the pressure inside the bottle and it was only 14,5 psi. Does anybody know how much pressure there must be in the bottle??

By bottle i mean this thing :mrgreen:
fred
Oil Injector

my first question as well

Post by fred »

i was told nitrogen at 140 psi,and that it only costs a £10 er to get filled, i know it shocked me.pardon the bad joke :roll: :) cheers fred
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

it's quite normal that you can't adjust the rebound on "the bottle" since that is for the compression damping.
the rebound is adjusted at the bottom of the shock :idea:

on the home page, you can download the manual :idea:

of in't nederlands : bovenaan op manual klikken : daar staat alles in :D

welkom bij de weg.
My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
rudolf

Post by rudolf »

JanBros wrote:it's quite normal that you can't adjust the rebound on "the bottle" since that is for the compression damping.
the rebound is adjusted at the bottom of the shock :idea:

on the home page, you can download the manual :idea:

of in't nederlands : bovenaan op manual klikken : daar staat alles in :D

welkom bij de weg.
AHH!!! Finally I was looking for a KR1s manual but I could only find one of a KR1. Thanks for your help, as soon as I get my new pistons all drive to the nearest nitrogen filling station. :D

JanBros: Volgens mij word het tijd voor een Nederlandstalig kr1 forum :P
fred
Oil Injector

Kr1s rear shock or oil quantity and grade

Post by fred »

Has anybody found out the oil.grade and quantity.ive just managed to get a large nitrogen bottle for £15 .just need a regulator up to 150psi ,already have a quick release for the shrader valve..ime having a lot of trouble finding the type and quantity of oil,all i know is ,its in the shock,line and maybe in the resevour,any help would be realy appreciated.ta fred