Front spindle removal ??

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
tayto.king
Light Smoker

Front spindle removal ??

Post by tayto.king »

I can't work out how to remove my front wheel/spindle.I've removed the four bolts (2 0n each leg bottom) & tried tapping it through with no joy.There are two fooking huge allen key bolts on each end of the spindle,do i have to undo them &and the spindle comes apart.
Any help would be appreciated as i need to get it mot'd asap :D
vector74
Heavy Smoker

Post by vector74 »

Tayto you sound like your in the same boat as me. Ive been farting around with mine for last month getting it road worthy (never even ridden it yet at all or any other kr1s :shock: ) Just been taking front wheel off tonight for the first time changing fork seals .. its fun :) (not) If you were sitting on bike the left side one (clutch side) is kind of a nut really that goes in say 1.5 inches.. the right side is attached to spindle (all one bit) which goes length across to other side. If you can get right side out a bit (with left one undone and removed) just yank it out. Its a 12mm hex connection. Not sure if you know but manual is at http://www.kr-1s.co.uk/manual/
kr1-s c2
col
Premix Junkie

Post by col »

all you've done is remove the pinch bolts, you now have to undo the spindle nut.
just put an allen key in each end of the spindle and undo it.
You'll find one end is a nut that will come out and once you've removed it you can then tap the spindle out.
tayto.king
Light Smoker

Post by tayto.king »

Thank's, i've done it this morning.Anyone know how much a speedo cable is as this one is finished :cry:
frog32
Premix Junkie

Post by frog32 »

Thank's, i've done it this morning.Anyone know how much a speedo cable is as this one is finished
about a tenner m8

cradley heath kawasaki ull sort you out
here the link theres a parts enquiry form on there web site
http://www.cradleykawasaki.co.uk/

lee

p.s did you buy my sdr200 off me :?:
2 strokes our way of life :-)
tayto.king
Light Smoker

Post by tayto.king »

frog32 wrote:
p.s did you buy my sdr200 off me :?:
A mate of mine bought it & it's been sitting in work ever since.I keep asking him to sell it to me but he hasn't yet.I'll have it soon :D and it'll be the third one i've had,love em.