Front Forks!

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
rc46
Oil Injector

Front Forks!

Post by rc46 »

Im looking to replace the front forks on my bike there is no adjustment what so ever, and the trackday at cadwell highlighted the failings of the front end now that the rear is working well.

So dose anybody know what forks are a direct replacement, i know the ZXR400 H and ZXR250 are a good idea but im not to concerned with USD's or looks i just want some that work, On ebay there is a few sets of ZX6R forks RWU that look like they will slot just in so i can use same spindle and wheel etc, Anyway, any help will be great, thansk
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
the-elf
Avgas Sniffer

Post by the-elf »

Anything will fit so long as your willing to pay for it :lol: .

Your best bet is to get a complete front end, at the worst you'll need a KR stem and either a bit of machining or a sleeve to get it to fit the bottom yoke.
-- Lets go Racing
Sponsored by:
Paddockstand Ltd: Tyre and Bike spares http://www.paddockstand.co.uk
JanBros
Avgas Sniffer

Post by JanBros »

first model ZX6 will fit ,it just needs a stem-change : the ZX6 one is too short, and the bottom bearing is too big.

don't know if you can swap it with a KR1-stem, but I've got a lath so I took mine out, cut it in 2 , made some tread in the interiors and bolteed them back together with an extra piece in between. and than adjusted it at the bottom so the bearring could fit.

My ultimate goal is to die young as late as possible !
mgtkr1
Premix Junkie

Post by mgtkr1 »

are the zx6 forks adjustable fully? im thinking of using fzr rrsp forks as there the same diameter and adjustable but will wait till i get a front dymag before having suspension set-up to meet my requirements/weight etc. the std kr1/1s forks are poo i agree, oversprung and underdamped leading to spectacular lock to lock action on a bumpy road and useless on a racetrack, i imagine.
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Jan, do you know if the legs only will swap over, ? that way i can retain yokes and calipers and front wheel then all i need is a mudguard to fit?

mgtkr1, Yes i had an F1 zx6r first gen and you can do the lot,
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
Badgerman
Heavy Smoker

Post by Badgerman »

I would spend the money by getting Maxton to do the business on the front end, I had them set-up the forks on my Powervalve race bike and it was supperb - not sure what it costs now but must be about £200.

Badgerman
Just buy more bikes!!
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

I think they have had the Maxton Fiddle already, Im gona change the Oil and see if that changes it, the stuff in there was thick and black with dirt.
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)