Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Tubless Tyre Repair

Post by headcoats »

My rear tyre has a tiny puncture :'(

Tyre is still pretty new and it is right in the middle of the tyre

I have an LC with KR1S wheels so have tubeless tyres as in BT92

One local bike shop says that as the BT tyres are "ribbed" inside , it's a bit of a nightmare to get a patch to adhere.

He mentioned ultraseal tyre repair which he said is supposed to be good as it is a tyre conditioner aswell

Anyone used this cos I ain't got a clue :P
Can it yer old boiler
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Re: Tubless Tyre Repair

Post by Binetta Steve »

Normally tubeless tyres repairs are limited when you get near to ir down the sidewall. Centre problems are less of an issue as the plugs are vulcanised into the body of the tyre. Ribs on the inside sounds like bollox to me, its nothing to do with patches. They insert the plugs and put a heater pad on it.
mellorp
Heavy Smoker

Post by mellorp »

Just stick an inner tube in there
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Well my 2002 Bonneville has BT45 tyres with inner tubes as they are spoked wheels

Like the idea of this ultra seal stuff as if you are out and about it will repair itself if you get a puncture
Can it yer old boiler
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

headcoats wrote:Well my 2002 Bonneville has BT45 tyres with inner tubes as they are spoked wheels

Like the idea of this ultra seal stuff as if you are out and about it will repair itself if you get a puncture
Hi dont want to pee on your idea of Ultraseal but check long term reviews. I put some slime type liquid in the alloy wheels on my little 50cc. After about 5 years the tube perished and the stuff came in contact with the rims. It made a hell of a mess. It attacked the rims and even with liberal use of brillo pads and solvol would not get the marking off.

I considered it for my lads Vespa and it was users reviews and experince of wheel corrosion that put me off. So i did as suggested above and put a tube in.

Just my 2p
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

This is what Ultra seal claim

One of the most important attributes of Ultraseal Tire Life Extender/Sealer is that it contains a highly effective and proven rust inhibiting formula to protect all types of alloys and steel found in wheels and steel belts. Ultraseal has the ability to prevent the formation of rust and will inhibit any existing rust and corrosion. Ultraseal protection begins on the inside and protects throughout. Additionally, Ultraseal prevents outside contaminants from entering a tire through a puncture site due to the sucking effect caused by tire flexing.
Can it yer old boiler
Binetta Steve
Oil Injector

Post by Binetta Steve »

Looks to be pukka stuff. i used Slime and that was poor. These products develop and get better, its probably the old cynic in me. Good luck with the mod.

Steve
headcoats
Avgas Sniffer

Post by headcoats »

Well it's in now so let's hope it is OK 8-[
Can it yer old boiler