h***a Wheel

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
fenno

h***a Wheel

Post by fenno »

I have now sorted the S brakes on my KR1 and its gone to get some chambers made and all the race glass painted
I have an S (C2) that I am about to start on as a race bike as well and was wondering if anyone has put a 17" wheel out of a cbr250RR into one. I looked at one the other day and it has the same spokes and is made at the same factory except its a 17 not an 18
Any ideas ??????

thanks

fenno from oz

PS I bought this S from Evilbay as a running bike It ran if you pushed it as their was a 50mm hole in the top case behind the RH reed block.......Dam caught out again !!!!!!!!!
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

blimey...have we got the only running kr's left cos it seems the only bikes left for sale are s#*t....suppose you'd have to b mad to sell a running kr..... regards the cbr wheel....never tried it but anything will fit if you throw enough time n money at it....
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Intresting, If someone knows id be intrested as well, As i know my NSR250 had similar wheels and they come up for sale form time to time and arnt to expensive either!! Be nice to have a matching Rear.

Not the best pic but its 17" and looks similar!

1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

I've been habouring thoughts about an NSR back end into my KR, probably the mc21, the 28 is much heavier I believe? But thought I'd finish what I was doing first :D . However anyone knows where there is a 21 back end available please let me know, I feel a plan coming on :lol:
rc46
Oil Injector

Post by rc46 »

Id try the NSR-World Forum, stick a post up, There will be someone soemwhere with a spare, Id think the biggest problem would be where and how the shock mounts..... They do look nice the 21' swingers !
1 x TDR250 Black
1 x TDR50 Blue
1 x TZR250 3MA
1 x TZ250 3YL
1 x TZ250 N (to be restored)
1 x TD3 (being rebuilt)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

rc46 wrote: They do look nice the 21' swingers !
Yep, got to agree they do, missed out on one on ebay which went for 50+quid :shock:

However, was at a local breakers on Friday and spotted an nc29 baby blade frame and swinger, .....'how much for that?' was the question

'Oh just chuck it in the van you can have it' was the answer....result :D
Mind you I've now got to get rid of the frame, it's a bit bent :lol:

Now I'm no expert on h***a parts bin engineering, but it does look closely like the nsr one, if it's not the same I'm not overly bothered as it still looks good with the gull arm bit. Haven't had any time to even measure it up properly but a quick positioning against a spare KR one looks promising. Think the bottom linkage mount will definately need moving. So anyone know any good welders etc?
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Hastily posed shot of cbr400rr arm in 1s frame :lol:

On closer inspection it is different to the nsr, I think, seems to go in ok, will need a couple of about 1mm spacers either side, spindle size is the same (I used a spare rgv one). gap for wheel is marginally smaller than a 1 swingarm I had knocking about 220mm as opposed to 222mm. Would have thought that would take a KR wheel without too much hassle, or stick the nc29 17'' one in think that takes a 150 section tyre.

Only problems I can see, are similar to rgv bannana arms with fouling of oil tank etc.

So think I may try and get that bottom mount welded on and have a try-nothing ventured. :lol:
Garry
Premix Junkie

Post by Garry »

Now that would look nice 8) - guess the problem is getting it to
work :?
Smokings Good For You
mr_bungholeo
Premix Junkie

Post by mr_bungholeo »

that looks sweet..... :D
bring a ding ding i'm a throttle happy chappy...:)

you cant beat a bit of blue haze...
danny harris.....R.I.P
gone but totally forgotten...:)
Red Devil 777
Premix Junkie

Post by Red Devil 777 »

Garry wrote:Now that would look nice 8) - guess the problem is getting it to
work :?
True, and I can never quite get my head round rising rate/linkages/ratios blah blah blah. :lol:

So, make new swing arm same as the old one in all the pivot points. :lol: So now I've currently got a slightly modified nc29 swingarm and the bottom linkage pivot housing cut from a spare KR swinger and rather a lot of swarf :lol:

Anyway need to finish of doing some filing and will stick a pick up, then it's off to be welded up.