Fork re-chroming?

Wheels, shocks, forks, frame
nickb.
Smoker

Fork re-chroming?

Post by nickb. »

Anyone know where and how much to have this done? :roll: :roll: :roll:
This week I've mainly been in the garage!!!!
corky
Oil Injector

Post by corky »

Give these a bell they should be able to give you a price...
http://www.pittedforks.co.uk/
kr1s project wanted
aprillia rs125 track bike
03 r6 race/trackbike
dr500 flat tracker project
plus a few more......x7,kdx125 etc
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

I got a price of..... appox 220notes!!!! dont think I'll be doing that. :!: will keep looking.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

How bad are they? Really really fine wet and dry does a good job of removing tiny spots of rust and I was told by an old gimmer on an MZ that it actually improves the seal. Don't know if thats true or not, but it could be worth a try!
Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

Stone the crow's, I'd forgot about that.... did the same on my 250etz racer, many moons ago, will give it a go on the KR, got nothing to loose..... ta.
alimorg
Site Admin

Post by alimorg »

nickb. wrote:my 250etz racer, many moons ago,.
I had one of them - never raced it though, bought an ETZ251 from a bloke down the road for £50, removed everything chopped the seat in half popped on some clipons, razzed it around for a bit intending to get the motor breathed upon, had first child so sold the bike on eBay for £300 - it was good fun - so light I could pick it up!

Here is a pic of what it looked like when purchased for £50 (even though it only had half a piston :shock: it still ran!):

Here is a sketch of how I wanted it to look, will dig out a pic of how it actually looked later!

Cheers
AL
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. " - Douglas Adams
nickb.
Smoker

Post by nickb. »

I remeber paying about 250 for a blown motor'd one, then about 100 pounds for a engine rebuild, complete! raiding auto jumbles for bits and pieces, got to snetterton and having a good larf, nice cheap racing...... ha ha...
Professor
Heavy Smoker

fork st

Post by Professor »

I think new stantions are £85 from kwak so not much point in not buying new ones

I have seen rechromed forks before and I don't think the finish was any where near as good as kwak
Hardcore you know the score